Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary,Graduate V Undergrad!!

Options
  • 07-01-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

I'm just looking for clarification on something really...I'm a graduate with a 2.2 which qualifies me to apply for Graduate entry to veterinary in ucd,which I did last year. I got a 55 in the Gamsat and didn't get onto the course which ucd said was partly to do with the fact that my degree is only a 2.2. So having weighed up my options I decided to go for it from a different angle. I'm repeating the LC this yr (got 485 first time) to get in via undergrad route. Now, scarily, I've read somewhere that if I qualify for graduate entry I HAVE to apply that way and I can't go the undergrad route. Is this the case? if it is I can see myself getting rejected again based on my degree...Can anyone help clarify this for me? I'm starting to get worried!!!:eek:

thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I think that is the case for GraduateMed, but I am not sure for GradVet. From reading the UCD website it seemed to me that the entry criteria for GradVet are less tightly controlled than for GradMed. I wonder is that because the University is setting the criteria rather than the HEA (as is the case for GradMed).

The only way you will be able to know for sure is to contact the admissions at UCD to clarify, they are the only ones who can give you a definitive answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

No.

I was in the same year as at least four graduates who entered on the basis of the leaving cert. Two were qualified pharmacists, one was an engineer and another an accountant. They all repeated the leaving cert after doing their degrees and didn't go the graduate route (I think 5 entered through the graduate route for my old year)

Advertisement