Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Bootlegs?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Do many people in Ireland bootleg shows? I remember when I was younger buying dodgy cassettes with yellow photocopied inserts from Rhythm Records along Arran Quay of bootlegs from Irish shows (still have one or two). Does anyone still do it? I know one or two who still do it here in the UK but never seen it discussed on here (I don't think).

Also in a related issue does anyone know any bootlegs from any of the Raging Speedhorn Irish shows? (please spare me the jibes about the band I don't care if you don't like them I do). I'm trying to collect a few of their bootlegs for some people and been throwing what I have up on a blogspot (not a huge amount yet but know two guys who have a large collection of their shows from around the UK):
    http://ragingspeedhorn.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

You might want to try dimeadozen.org, might have some of the raging speedhorn shows you're looking for up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Do many people in Ireland bootleg shows?
    I download some bootlegged shows depending on the band. Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

The rise of the internet and improved quality of personal recorders kinda killed off the bootleggers. why buy one when you could download it/do it yourself?

i remember bootlegging a gig with a portable minidisc recorder and a pair of headphones plugged into the mic socket. dump the entire gig into the pc to boost the levels and you're sorted.

cost: 0 pence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I used to buy them in the early 90's,quality ranged from very good to crap tbh. The only 2 i've left now are Metallica in the point from '96 and GN'R from slane in '92. With a lot of bands putting shows up to download themselves and people recording the shows to put on youtube,the proper audio bootleg is pretty much extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

They are still bootlegging gigs, same lad that was doing it 20yrs ago.......but don't know where/how they are sold these days........had loads at one point, and have a fair few downloaded.......quality used to be generally rubbish.....have Metallica/Anthrax from the SFX in '86 somewhere......used to swap/share them with lads in school.....must actually transfer some tapes to MP3s when I've a bit of time on my hands.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

NIBBS wrote: »
    They are still bootlegging gigs, same lad that was doing it 20yrs ago.......but don't know where/how they are sold these days........had loads at one point, and have a fair few downloaded.......quality used to be generally rubbish.....have Metallica/Anthrax from the SFX in '86 somewhere......used to swap/share them with lads in school.....must actually transfer some tapes to MP3s when I've a bit of time on my hands.....

I've about 20Gigs of audio and video bootlegs ranging from awful to superb soundboard in lossless format. Page one of this forum is particularly thrashy today:

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I must have 60+ Metallica live bootleg tapes in my attic, probably not the best place to be keeping them coming to think of it.
    I used to swop them with met fans from all over the world by post back around 96 - 97.
    I wonder if the demand died out in rhythm records and those other small shops in temple bar or was in clamped down.

Advertisement