Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with sore feet in heels

• 07-01-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

How high are the heels, is that a factor?
    I find heels from the likes of Office or Barrats kill me, but my 3inch ones from Schuh are dead easy to wear. So maybe it also depends on the manufacturer?

Do you still get the pain when wearing flats or small-heeled shoes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Make sure the shoes fit you to begin, if they are too small or big, even a little they're gonna hurt you. Sounds obvious but you'd be surprised.

If possible try to wear a full insole, you need a little bit of padding for the balls of your feet. Make sure it is a fabric, anything rubbery is no good.

Anthing above 4in though is gonna be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Practice, Practice, Practice. Honestly. I am convinced of it. I never wore high shoes till I was about 18, my mum never did or does so I never even tried them on messing. But friends of mine who had older sisters etc always wore them and got used to them. It works for me to practice wearing them but I also use those gel insoles inside and normal insoles sometimes...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

Hi sashafierce, I used to always get that burning feeling in the soles of my feet when wearing heels on a night out, sometimes it was so bad I would have to go home I couldn't stand! Around the time I used to get this I used to wear those flat pumps during the week, then I started wearing heels during the week also and my feet are grand now! That is the only change I made, I still occasionally get the burning feeling but that's only if I've been on m feet for hours in heels. I wear usually 4 inch heels going out and 2 or 3 inch to work. I suppose it was such a change going from these flats to high heels my poor feet couldn't take it!! It might be the case for you aswell beacuse you said you don't wear heels that often. I was going to get them checked out though if it had kept going like that they were so painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I occasionally get the burning feeling on the balls of my feet but thats because i get dry hard skin there,if youve the same exfoliating and mosturising stops the pain and i wear 5 and 6 inch heels sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Getting used to high heels will help.

Also, look for heels with a thicker, cushioned or platformed sole. Stiletto heels will hurt more than shoes with a thicker heel.

Remember physics: Pressure = Force/Area

To reduce the pressure, you want a larger surface area on the sole of the shoe. You may also need to consider the force downwards (i.e. your weight). If you are heavy/heavier, then you're pushing more weight downwards. (No insult intended here for anyone :D)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've never found any that worked to relieve the pain. They are good for providing grip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

Yep some of my friends didn't believe how sore they were, sure If I wanted to go home on a night out I wouldn't use sore feet as an excuse I'd just go!!:rolleyes: Also what Dudara said, I have a pair of heels that are nearly 5 inches with a platformed sole and they are the most comfortable shoes, I think the platfrom definitely makes a difference. I have never found those gel cushions any good either. Anyway hope your feet improve!!

Advertisement