Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eircom.net - emails not coming in?

• 07-01-2010 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭

Hey guys.

Seem to have a slight problem with my email account.

I'm with eircom.net, and for some reason, I'm not getting any mail from certain people (like when I ask them to send me stuff, they've confirmed that they've sent the email).

Does anybody know what's going on with this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭straricco

PJTierney wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Seem to have a slight problem with my email account.

I'm with eircom.net, and for some reason, I'm not getting any mail from certain people (like when I ask them to send me stuff, they've confirmed that they've sent the email).

Does anybody know what's going on with this?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know what the prob is, deffo an eircom thing. Alot of my clients are eircom and at times its impossible to get emails through to them. Noticed this a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

I'm guessing I should migrate to gmail then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Probably doesn't need to be said but have you checked the spam folder?

I'd definitely agree with switching to gmail. You can even set up your gmail account to check your eircom account and get all email coming from there. Course this won't help your problem but will make sure anyone who hasn't got your new email will get through to you if they're one of those people who could get through anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

wolfric wrote: »
    Probably doesn't need to be said but have you checked the spam folder?

I'd definitely agree with switching to gmail. You can even set up your gmail account to check your eircom account and get all email coming from there. Course this won't help your problem but will make sure anyone who hasn't got your new email will get through to you if they're one of those people who could get through anyway
    My 'junk' folder's empty, so that's not the issue.

Thing is, I'm still getting certain emails (like when I'm on a mailing list, or auromatic eBay updates, for example).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Eircom are listed on a lot of spamlists used by companies to filter spam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement