Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get a key cut in the city

• 07-01-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Does anyone know if there is anyplace in waterford city that will cut keys?

Many thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

There is a cobblers in Georges Court Shopping Centre that cut keys (or used to at least). The shopping centre is between Shaws and Argos in the city centre.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Many thanks mecco.

You saved me a lot of walking around the city tomorrow:).

Have a great 2010 man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah the lads in georges court are sound apart from richie being an arsenal fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I always go there too, I never see the older chap in there anymore in passing. Is he gone? He's been there years IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

http://www.cobblers2u.ie/

think this is it? ah the memories of getting the school shoes re heeled when i was younger. i wonder is that old man ye were talking about still there actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Is that one on Parnell st (opposite xtravision) still open? I remember getting a carkey cut there last year for under 20 euro when the other keycutters around town were insisting it would cost upwards of 80 - I didn't want a chipped key cut, just a bogstandard unchipped one but the others were insisting it couldn't be done even though I had the manufacturer's code to allow the unchipped key be cut.
    Turns out the guy on Parnell St could do it though, so a big thumbs up for him from me.

Woodies also cut keys but I don't find them great TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Theres the guy in blackfriars across from bpm too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,682 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes the guy in Parnell street is very good, and seems to have every key blank available. I have had a good few cut and they are usually around €3 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

echosound wrote: »

Woodies also cut keys but I don't find them great TBH.

Can I ask why not? Isn't getting a key cut, getting a key cut if you know what I mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ziedth wrote: »
    I always go there too, I never see the older chap in there anymore in passing. Is he gone? He's been there years IIRC
    since Richie started down there the older fella isnt there as much. Think he was on about him doing mobile locksmith once Richie was trained in fully. Dunno if he is doing it or not though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

seanybiker wrote: »
    Yeah the lads in georges court are sound apart from richie being an arsenal fan.

Ooooh! So not voting for you in the forum awards now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,682 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Agree about Woodies First you have to have someone paged to come to the key stand, which could take long enough, then it is someone who has been 'kindof' trained and you generally end up finding the blank for them, if they have it, and there isn't a great selection. After that they are ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

looksee wrote: »
    Agree about Woodies First you have to have someone paged to come to the key stand, which could take long enough, then it is someone who has been 'kindof' trained and you generally end up finding the blank for them, if they have it, and there isn't a great selection. After that they are ok!

Yup that's been my experience, lots of waiting about, a surly employee eventually slouched over quite huffily, after the girl at the customer service desk had paged at least 5 times, didn't even bother to look at the blanks just said "we don't have that one" (even though I could see it hanging on the board and pointed it out whereupon he stood looking at it, then at me, then back at it :rolleyes:), so I took my business elsewhere.

Only actually tried them as I happened to be in Woodies anyway for something else and noticed they had a keycutting "service". Wouldn't bother with them again in the future, will just head straight for the chap in Parnell St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Got the key's cut today. Excellent service at a very reasonable price (Cobbler in George's Court). :)

Advertisement