Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mobile phone batteries

• 07-01-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Lost the battery to my Samsung phone and went to carphone warehouse who were looking for €50 quid.
    Went online (Amazon) and got the proper samsung battery for €12 which included delivery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Amazon Rip off! It's 2 on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Careful. Not all battery's are created equal. Especially eBay battery's (Cheap Asian rip off's)

There are hundreds of horror story's regarding cheap battery's from Amazon and eBay (From not working to exploding)

€50 is high but not a rip off for an original genuine battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

yep i got mine-an official nokia one on e-bay for 2euro something. Not a notion was i gonna go paying over 30quid for one in the shop.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    yep i got mine-an official nokia one on e-bay for 2euro something. Not a notion was i gonna go paying over 30quid for one in the shop.

Is it actually genuine however? Hologram, serial number etc? I'd put €100 on that it isn't. Nokia has huge trouble in the past few years with knock off's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,058 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

ironclaw wrote: »
    Is it actually genuine however? Hologram, serial number etc? I'd put €100 on that it isn't. Nokia has huge trouble in the past few years with knock off's.

I've got several cheap "Genuine" Nokia batteries off ebay. Not a single one of them was legit. Some don't even fit in the battery compartment.

They are handy for a backup battery but I only ever charge them in a desktop charger and only when I'm around, wouldn't leave then unattended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

ironclaw wrote: »

Yep it was exactly the same as the one i took out of my phone. Wouldn't have been too bothered if it was fake seen as i'd only paid a couple of euro for it but wouldn't have put it in the phone if it was a fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

I seen the generic batteries for sale on amazon for 5 quid alright. and the "genuine" was double that. Il get it next week so wait and see, but the phone shop aint getting 50 euro.

Like most people i have a drawer full of old phones which will do the job!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Most fake batteries don't look genuine, but some can, and do, look genuine (it's what's inside that counts), so you'd really want to look up that serial number just to confirm.

Mactard wrote: »
    Most fake batteries don't look genuine, but some can, and do, look genuine (it's what's inside that counts), so you'd really want to look up that serial number just to confirm.

It is very much whats inside that counts. All Nokia Genuine battery's have a hologram (Which can be scratched off on some to reveal a code) and a serial number.

If you have a high end phone, don't dream about putting a fake battery in it or a cheap one. €50 is high, agreed, but I'd glady pay €30 for something that isn't going to be a fire hazard or mess up my phone.

Advertisement