Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 filming in Carlow 7 JAN 10

Options
  • 07-01-2010 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

Saw TV3 film crew earlier down the town, I guess they are probably filming here because we seemingly had temperatures of -12 last night!!

Might be on the news at 5:30pm this evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 WispaGold

It was on TV3 news at 5.3O.
    Tullow was on the RTE news at 6pm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Tullow also on the 9 o'clock news,maybe we'll see some action on the roads as a result?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Got good coverage on RTE at 6 & 9. Didn't see TV3.

William Patton did well, despite his phone constantly ringing during the interview! Someone def doing that just to annoy him it seemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Pity I didn't see this earlier, I would have watched the TV3 news.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Stevecw wrote: »

William Patton did well, despite his phone constantly ringing during the interview! Someone def doing that just to annoy him it seemed.

I know who was ringing him but i dare not say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Stevecw wrote: »

I didn't think he done all that well. He presented himself well, was clear and articulate but what he was saying was a bit too vote-seeking imo. He was complaining about the Co Council not having a severe weather plan and basically blaming them for inaction. When prompted by Sharon Ní Georgeous he announced he would seek one at the next council meeting sometime in the future. Now that is where I think he slipped up badly (pls excuse the pun) ... he is a serving County Councillor himself; so what is his record in pushing for such a plan months ago himself or did he let it slip like the rest of his colleagues but wants to deflect blame to someone else i.e. 'them' , the council. (which is run by... councillors) and gain some local kudos? I might be too sceptical here, perhaps he did seek such a plan last year but failed to mention it on TV.

He did have a few bits of bad luck though.. the constant mobile phone ringing (he'll surely turn if off before being interviewed again) and the lorry cruising up the hill behind him just as he was saying the area was practically abandoned by the Council and cut-off.

Advertisement