Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballpark 1k to spend on a TV - what would you buy?

• 07-01-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Starting to look around for a new TV

Budget is circa 1k... For a Flat panel tv around 37 or 40 inches max for mainly watching DVDs and Sport, what would you purchase?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Have a look at the Panasonic 42in Viera G10 plasma with neoPDP. These new full HD panels have amazing black levels you will never see on an LCD TV.

I got the 50in version in December and it is outstanding with Blurays, DVDs and PS3 games.

Standard def TV (sky, freesat & built-in DTT tuner) is a little soft.

I think they retail for around €999 in most places (Alliance Electric, DID, PowerCity). NI retailers offer the UK version with FreeSat tuner for a little less. Check the over in Biz forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Starting to look around for a new TV

Budget is circa 1k... For a Flat panel tv around 37 or 40 inches max for mainly watching DVDs and Sport, what would you purchase?

TIA

why not wait till 3d tv is released ..... and on the shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

OP could be waiting a while for a sub €1000 3D TV! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭BennytheBall

Thats what I would have thought... any further suggestions? Thanks for those so far

Advertisement