Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baxi solo boiler, can't find filling loop

• 07-01-2010 6:02pm

Have a baxi solo 2 pf boiler and a wilo pump. Bled radiators, no water came out and the pressure bar is at 0 but we can't find a filling loop!

Our pressure gauge is a fair distance from the boiler, under our hot water tank. There is no filling loop at the boiler or the pressure gauge. Have also checked under the sink as saw this suggested, none there either.

There is a red valve beside the gauge, tried turning this but nothing happened. There's also a copper valve, tried turning that and nothing happened either.

Any suggestions? As you can see I don;t know much about this sort of thing :o

EDIT: Think we have a small tank above the water cylinder, in which case this should be regulating the pressure right? So, no need for a filling loop? But why then is the pressure gauge at 0? Any help please???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimmy95m

hi, i have the same problem as u did back 2008 with your filling point for your baxi solo, i know its a long shot but did find out were it was. if so could please let me know. many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

i have a baxi, the filling loop is in the hot press to the right of my cylinder . it could be anywhere in fairness !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

yes it could be anywhere on the system or it may not even be there, some lazy plumbers, if you can take pics of around the boiler, hotpress and anything else you may think could be it and post them here I might be able to help you out. also a pic of the red valve beside guage please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

Usually in hotpress or attic above cylinder. Fill to 1bar cold and when hot should be about 1.5bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Follow the out feed pipe from the bottom if the small tank and see where it joins the heating system.

Is there water in the small tank? You may have a stuck ball cock.

Did you find a one way valve between your small tank and heating?

• Advertisement

Follow the out feed pipe from the bottom if the small tank and see where it joins the heating system.

Is there water in the small tank? You may have a stuck ball cock.

Did you find a one way valve between your small tank and heating?

they have a pressurised system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Sparkpea wrote: »

My comments are still valid, many pressurised systems are fed from a small tank in the attic via a Gate valve and one way valve.

Sparkpea wrote: »

My comments are still valid, many pressurised systems are fed from a small tank in the attic via a Gate valve and one way valve.

Ahh yes weird Irish systems

Advertisement