Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker / BBV pool and beers - is it that time of the year again?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

It's been a LOOOOONNNNG while since the last pool & beers extravaganza, anyone on for it again?

The last one we had was about 18 months ago, I remember it well as I luckboxed my way to pool champion despite my disgracefully poor playing! :) The Palace on Camden St was a good venue and might be good again, while I'm thinking a Friday night might be good for us working folk AND ensure some good late night cash action for those interested.

Do the nights of the 22nd, 29th of Jan or 5th of Feb suit anyone?

Which night suits you best for pool & beer? 19 votes

Friday, January 22nd
    0%
    Friday, January 29th
    5%
    5starpool 1 vote
    Friday, February 5th
    21%
    paul8200Goodluck2meBigCityBanker72over 4 votes
    Any of those dates
    42%
    carecaKevIRLoprRoadSweeperphantom_lordWreck[Deleted User]TommyGunne 8 votes
    Later in Feb
    26%
    mewsoionapaulzuutroyJesus Weptfab-frankie 5 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    5%
    hf4z6sqo7vjngi 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Any of those dates
    5th feb is the only posssible one of those listed for this cat

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Friday, January 29th
    I def can't go on the 29th. Weekend afterwards may be ok, but I'd prefer the weekend before if I was to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Any of those dates
    I'd be on for this, off booze for January so would prefer 5th Feb, not drinking would probably help my pool but seriously hinder my poker :pac:

The Palace is now a fully fledged nightclub upstairs, just the one table downstairs Afaik...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

The 5th is the wk end of the GJP deepstack and the IPPT final in Killarney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Add Atari Jaguar please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Later in Feb
    The Palace is now a fully fledged nightclub upstairs, just the one table downstairs Afaik...
    We don't have to hit the Palace - any suggestions for suitable venues?

go to the dogs? Harolds Cross/ Shelbourne Park.

Always a bit of craic to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

go to the dogs? Harolds Cross/ Shelbourne Park.

Always a bit of craic to be had.

Dogs and beer?

CFJ's imo

Friday, January 29th
    Added a couple of extra options. Hope you don't mind Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Btw, my Atari Jaguar vote is intended to mean that I don't care which Friday, not that I'm against the idea.
    Also +1 for the dogs. Funny how I hate pool, largely because I'm crap at it. Wheras I still like poker, even though I'm crap at it.

Looks like Fridays are Harolds Cross, Saturdays are Shelbourne Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Waterford would be a smashing venue for this.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

sure why not.

At least everyone will get to know how much I look like the elf in Riggers Sig :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Later in Feb
    DeadParrot wrote: »
    sure why not.

At least everyone will get to know how much I look like the elf in Riggers Sig :pac:

Tempted now. Keep meaning to change that sig too. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

We could also have some pool grudge matches and the like since the bbv has nothing to do with pokers Good old fashion sporting battle like darts and pool. I'd like to teach that yuletired about sport.:D

Later in Feb
    Harolds Cross on a Friday might be great craic before heading into town! I've no interest in sports betting but luckily enjoy drinking and shouting at dogs so it will work well :) Then on to find some pool tables / darts before finally and ignominiously making our way into one of the capital's finest card rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

We could also have some pool grudge matches and the like since the bbv has nothing to do with pokers Good old fashion sporting battle like darts and pool. I'd like to teach that yuletired about sport.:D
    We never had that Hot Dog eating contest

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Later in Feb
    How many made it last time? 4/5? Who wants the over?

Friday, January 29th
    I would be much less inclined to go if there was an 'activity' attached. Just go drinking ffs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Later in Feb
    5starpool wrote: »
    I would be much less inclined to go if there was an 'activity' attached. Just go drinking ffs.

Pool an activity? It's a fun way to gamble while drinking. Going to the dogs just won't happen. Face it.

• Advertisement

Friday, January 29th
    Pool, grand if it is in a primarily drinky place, but the dogs is not something that would appeal for this I have to say.

Later in Feb
    Well Feb 5th is winning at the moment, leave it up for a few more days before finalising. No matter what we do or where we are, it is just a cover for drinking I suppose! Pool is definitely NOT an activity, just need to find a pub with a pool table or two, where those who want to drink can drink and those who want to play pool and drink can do so, both sides in perfect harmony.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

5starpool wrote: »
    QFT, not a fan of Pool (cos I'm crap at it) but I'm rather fond of drinking. Might try and go anyway, I presume you guys will allow non-pool players to join in for just the drinking??

Later in Feb
    Ste05 wrote: »
    QFT, not a fan of Pool (cos I'm crap at it) but I'm rather fond of drinking. Might try and go anyway, I presume you guys will allow non-pool players to join in for just the drinking??
    Defo - the pool is only a precusor to the rest of the evening's entertainment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

5th or the 29th for me Paul. Pool or dogs sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

What pool are you guys thinking of going to?

I think a pool party is unusual, but definitely sounds like it could be good craic, although I don't know how common it is for a group of lads to go to the pool together? **** it though, who cares, will be good craic none the less! Maybe a few beers after too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Any of those dates
    Tight Ted wrote: »

I think a pool party is unusual, but definitely sounds like it could be good craic, although I don't know how common it is for a group of lads to go to the pool together? **** it though, who cares, will be good craic none the less! Maybe a few beers after too.

APPT-20081116-230353-5972.jpg

Boards really needs a thumbs down option as well as thanks

KevIRL wrote: »
    Boards really needs a thumbs down option as well as thanks

a re level I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Hate to break it to you mate. But humour is really not your thing.

We have so much in common imo :) was saving that for you. I do appreciate the effort though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Lads,can we post up what we'll be wearing on the night please? It'll avoid the potential embarassment of 2 of us turning up in the same outfit.

Advertisement