Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang leader Wayne Dundon to be released in april 2010 WTf??

Options
  • 07-01-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I read in the paper yesterday that this guy is getting out soon even tho he is doing a 10 year sentence that he got in 2005 i make that 5 years

If someone can find a link and put it up i cant find it

HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN OUT 5 YEARS EARLY:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

He's reformed. THe system worked - he's going to open a Budist retreat centre in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Yep i have heard too that he will be out in a few months. It is crazy. Ten years should be ten years, otherwise why bother giving that sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Poor collins family,they were willing to try lock them up and you hear this crap

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The joys of the Irish legal system. As usual a serious offender gets released early.

So much for all the crap spouted by Willie O'Dea for years now about tougher laws being enforced on gang members. Just Willie getting himself into the local papers by pretending he is involved in doing something.

Ah well, I guess we will just have to wait until another Geoghan or Collins gets murdered to hear that Willie and the government will this time be really cracking down hard on organised crime and will be making gang membership a crime and bringing in a minimum of ten years for gun possession....

Oh wait those laws and others like them are already there.....:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its all rumours still so wait and see what happens ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Sentences rarely get halved.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jackncoke wrote: »
    Unless he squealed. Hopefully who he squealed on finds out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

the_syco wrote: »
    Unless he squealed. Hopefully who he squealed on finds out.

Wayne's a top guy. He has no boss. Who's he gonna squeal on?

stringbox wrote: »
    Wayne's a top guy. He has no boss. Who's he gonna squeal on?

Oh yeah a real nice guy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh yeah a real nice guy lol

Top as in high up, not top as in nice lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

krudler wrote: »
    Top as in high up, not top as in nice lol
    I think he was joking :p

As much as this bothers me, i cant help but think this man is probably just as dangerous and influential in prison as he is out of prison , im sure the orders he gives wont change either way,so i dont think its gonna make much difference.

Theres no doubt the these guys are scum but if they running this multi million euro drug empire why do they live in run down houses wearing cheap ass sportswear?

You would expect them living somewhere nice running the busniess very discreetly i dont think their as high up as people think

Theres no doubt the these guys are scum but if they running this multi million euro drug empire why do they live in run down houses wearing cheap ass sportswear?

You would expect them living somewhere nice running the busniess very discreetly i dont think their as high up as people think

You must have never driven past any of the Dundon houses then if you think they are run down. Nor must you have seen the small fleet of non cheap cars that reside in their yards.

Why wouldn't they have the houses in Weston? They get them from our idiot council, can claim their benefits and dole, and rarely get bothered by CAB and the like. Plus they get to have themselves and all their cronies in one area so strength in numbers and plenty of places for storage etc., plus easy to keep an eye out for the police if you have dozens of sets of eyes all living nearby to watch out for you.

There was a newspaper article before Xmas with pictures of inside one of their "council" houses in Weston that had over €500k of renovations done to the insides.

It had beautiful fireplaces, marble floors in some rooms, top of the range tvs etc., and hi tech security systems and so on.

Whatever person coined the phrase "crime doesn't pay" did not have scum like the Dundons in mind.

I have gone past them and they are done up but its still nothing special.I saw a black bmw outside the other day passing on the bus other than that the odd normal car

Hey kess73 can you get them pics online?How did they did them pics if they hate the sunday world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Poor collins family,they were willing to try lock them up and you hear this crap
    And around the time of the first anniversary of Roy's murder :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Sorry vamp,but where did you hear this?

Sorry vamp,but where did you hear this?
    Its been widely reported, found this with a quick Google:

"Wayne is due to be released from prison in April 2010"

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/a-family-affair-how-dundons-ended-up-behind-bars-1903384.html

I have gone past them and they are done up but its still nothing special.I saw a black bmw outside the other day passing on the bus other than that the odd normal car

Hey kess73 can you get them pics online?How did they did them pics if they hate the sunday world

Think it was the Mail that ran the article after the Scumdons put pictures of the house and inside it on facebook and put videos on youtube of them walking around the houses.

Next time you pass, look into the yard at the side if the big gates are open. Normally there are mercs, some high end 4X4s, and their mini fleet of Passats there.

the 3 or 4 houses in a row on hyde road are they the ones?

Most of the main houses are spread out a bit, although some have linked houses beside them. Most would be on the left hand side of the road as you drive through Weston heading towards town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

I think what happened was that the appeal court reduced the sentence from 10 years to 7.

the 3 or 4 houses in a row on hyde road are they the ones?
    Lenihan Avenue not Hyde Road AFAIK

Happynappy wrote: »
    I think what happened was that the appeal court reduced the sentence from 10 years to 7.

And then take off time for "good" behaviour no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think it was the Mail that ran the article after the Scumdons put pictures of the house and inside it on facebook and put videos on youtube of them walking around the houses.

Next time you pass, look into the yard at the side if the big gates are open. Normally there are mercs, some high end 4X4s, and their mini fleet of Passats there.

Yeah sure just a couple of weeks ago CAB took two bullet proof BMW's off them.

Once again the irish legal system shows its true colours. What criminal can realy say they are afraid of the system nowadays. Theres always a good chance they will get out way earlier than they were supposed to be and with the luxuries they have inside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Weak, liberal nonsense legal system we have here:mad:

Yeah sure just a couple of weeks ago CAB took two bullet proof BMW's off them.

Once again the irish legal system shows its true colours. What criminal can realy say they are afraid of the system nowadays. Theres always a good chance they will get out way earlier than they were supposed to be and with the luxuries they have inside...

If you are talking about the BMW X5 that was taken, then that was months ago, but the story has been used a few times since in the media when the Gardai or Minister want to make it look like they are sorting the criminals out.

A new black or dark navy BMW has popped up since then.

The joy of having worked in retail management for long enough is you come into contact with a lot of our more well known scum if where you work is a place they like to try and rob. I tend to notice most of the faces when I spot them and tend to take heed of what they are driving as when I get back working again it can be useful to know who is who and to be able to recognise cars and faces.

My hybrid Irish/Liverpool accent was always something that set them off anytime I was staying with the security guard after he caught one robbing and whilst waiting for the Gardai to eventually arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

There was a newspaper article before Xmas with pictures of inside one of their "council" houses in Weston that had over €500k of renovations done to the insides.
    I doubt that's even possible.

Surely these guys cant barely read or write,i still dont believe they have the brains to be running a drug empire.All the checks for passports,credit cards etc book flights etc,fill out paperwork surely they can be got

Jezz Kess73 you must get a hard time from scum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

If you are talking about the BMW X5 that was taken, then that was months ago, but the story has been used a few times since in the media when the Gardai or Minister want to make it look like they are sorting the criminals out.

A new black or dark navy BMW has popped up since then.

The joy of having worked in retail management for long enough is you come into contact with a lot of our more well known scum if where you work is a place they like to try and rob. I tend to notice most of the faces when I spot them and tend to take heed of what they are driving as when I get back working again it can be useful to know who is who and to be able to recognise cars and faces.

My hybrid Irish/Liverpool accent was always something that set them off anytime I was staying with the security guard after he caught one robbing and whilst waiting for the Gardai to eventually arrive.

I am indeed a victim of the media ;)

• Advertisement

Surely these guys cant barely read or write,i still dont believe they have the brains to be running a drug empire.All the checks for passports,credit cards etc book flights etc,fill out paperwork surely they can be got

Jezz Kess73 you must get a hard time from scum

Had a few battle of wills with a few of them at my last house when a few found out where I used to live. My car was molested on a regular basis which was a pain in the bum.

It seems if you catch them robbing where you work, then you are the person that is wrong and not them. :D

Another thing that holds true with them, is that if you come across one on their own they suddenly become very quiet boys. One thing that always worked for me when they were being the toughmen in groups was that I could always picture the image in my head of the ones that used to start crying when they realised that the cops were on the way, after they were caught shoplifting.

Was always amusing to see the hardmen beg and literally cry after the tirade of threats failed to get them let go before the cops arrived.

Ahh the stories that the retail folk of Limerick could tell :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement