Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang leader Wayne Dundon to be released in april 2010 WTf??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Aidric wrote: »
    I doubt that's even possible.

No doubt the figure was blown up by the paper, but the extras were defo the sort that cost a pretty penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Kess73 wrote: »
    Had a few battle of wills with a few of them at my last house when a few found out where I used to live. My car was molested on a regular basis which was a pain in the bum.

It seems if you catch them robbing where you work, then you are the person that is wrong and not them. :D

Another thing that holds true with them, is that if you come across one on their own they suddenly become very quiet boys. One thing that always worked for me when they were being the toughmen in groups was that I could always picture the image in my head of the ones that used to start crying when they realised that the cops were on the way, after they were caught shoplifting.

Was always amusing to see the hardmen beg and literally cry after the tirade of threats failed to get them let go before the cops arrived.

Ahh the stories that the retail folk of Limerick could tell :D

Like the one where everytime your walking home after work you s**t your pants in case one of them is following you? Lets be real here the retail folks of limericks stories are no match for stone cold killers.. and actually there are a few prisons in Ireland which give half remission (time off for good behaviour) Portloaise probably being the most high profile.. just cuz you get ten years does not mean you do ten..

Stab*City wrote: »
    Like the one where everytime your walking home after work you s**t your pants in case one of them is following you? Lets be real here the retail folks of limericks stories are no match for stone cold killers.. and actually there are a few prisons in Ireland which give half remission (time off for good behaviour) Portloaise probably being the most high profile.. just cuz you get ten years does not mean you do ten..

The guys that get caught shoplifting are rarely the bigger names, normally they share a family name with the scum, but are just mouths who are loud in a group.

Why would you sh*t your pants about some scumbag who just cried in front of you or wet himself when the cops came? Sure there are scumbags in this city that are very dangerous, but the rest of them just like to think that they are dangerous.

I may not like the scum in this city, and I will b*itch about them here every now and then, but I have not let them decide how I walk or drive home in the past and I sure as hell won't be letting them decide it for me in the future.

90% of the scum are just talk, and the same 90% would sh*t themselves in a one on one confrontation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

The guys that get caught shoplifting are rarely the bigger names, normally they share a family name with the scum, but are just mouths who are loud in a group.

Why would you sh*t your pants about some scumbag who just cried in front of you or wet himself when the cops came? Sure there are scumbags in this city that are very dangerous, but the rest of them just like to think that they are dangerous.

I may not like the scum in this city, and I will b*itch about them here every now and then, but I have not let them decide how I walk or drive home in the past and I sure as hell won't be letting them decide it for me in the future.

90% of the scum are just talk, and the same 90% would sh*t themselves in a one on one confrontation.

Fair play if thats the way you are.. but on the other hand its easy to talk like that from the safety of your computer chair..

As for the crying and wetting themselves sher if they thought you would let them go if they ate their own s**t they would do it.. totally different ballgame when your on their turf im sure..

Stab*City wrote: »
    Fair play if thats the way you are.. but on the other hand its easy to talk like that from the safety of your computer chair..

As for the crying and wetting themselves sher if they thought you would let them go if they ate their own s**t they would do it.. totally different ballgame when your on their turf im sure..

Talk like what? That I don't go around Limerick crapping in my pants in case I run into some scumbag who was caught robbing somewhere I used to work?

Hell if I thought like that I would never leave my house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Talk like what? That I don't go around Limerick crapping in my pants in case I run into some scumbag who was caught robbing somewhere I used to work?

Hell if I thought like that I would never leave my house.

Yeah we can't let these scum take over our city. More people need to stand up to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

You're not comparing like with like Kess73. A man in this city got his son murdered, his nephew shot and his livelihood ruined because he refused to serve a notorious scumbag's under-age sister. And your comparing some young scumbags robbing a shop to them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Surely these guys cant barely read or write,i still dont believe they have the brains to be running a drug empire
    Since when were literacy and intelligence synonymous?

Jigga wrote: »
    You're not comparing like with like Kess73. A man in this city got his son murdered, his nephew shot and his livelihood ruined because he refused to serve a notorious scumbag's under-age sister. And your comparing some young scumbags robbing a shop to them? :rolleyes:

I never said that Dundons/Collopys/Caseys etc robbing in a shop was the same thing as the murders in Limerick.

I was replying to stab city about not letting scumbags decide how I live my life, built if the scum robbing the shops just have a blind eye turned to then, and I am not talking about just teenagers, then there are more scum on our streets who will feel that they can do what they please and we may end up with more horrible situations on our hands like the ones you mentioned.

As I said, I had my own problems with scum targetting my house and car after where I worked had charged pressed against some of them, but I would do the same again in the morning. I have been in retail for over twenty years between Ireland, Germany, and England with different types of issues met in each country, but the one thing that has grown constant with me in the working enviroment is not to have where I work get known as an easy target, and this gets done through prevention where possible, and the appropriate legal actions when prevention/discouragement fails.

I am sorry if you thought that I was being flippant and trivialising in some way the murders that took place in Limerick, but I was not doing so, and would not do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Niall1975

Your thread is here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

It wasnt there 20min ago was just wondering however my post has been deleted.My point was how do this crime gang have one of the most expensive "human rights " lawyers in the uk working for them,surely that lawyer has to show how he was payed

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jesusofnaz

they have money, therefore the expensive solicitor is paid, would be my theory on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

But they dont have jobs or pay tax so how can a law firm take a big bag of cash surely they should be looked at too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

I believe he will be technically released but immediately rearrested in relation to this. Wayne Dundon's original 10 year sentence was reduced to 7 on appeal so with further reductions for good behaviour (organising crime via mobile phone doesn't count as bad behaviour) he is due for release in april.

Surely these guys cant barely read or write,i still dont believe they have the brains to be running a drug empire.All the checks for passports,credit cards etc book flights etc,fill out paperwork surely they can be got

All types of services are available to those who can pay for them. Interesting article here, by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Is there house the one on the right hand side as you drive towards Weston on the Hyde Rd from town, about half way up with massive gates? Kinda on a corner.....??? High walls and High gates on the main Hyde Road?

Anyone got a link to the Youtube clip?

how about photos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Liam79 wrote: »
    Is there house the one on the right hand side as you drive towards Weston on the Hyde Rd from town, about half way up with massive gates? Kinda on a corner.....??? High walls and High gates on the main Hyde Road?

Anyone got a link to the Youtube clip?

yes that is the house. also take note of the neighbour's house, boarded up and burnt. dundons wanted to use the garden as a carpark so they ran their neighbours out of it. Their own version of regeneration.

yes that is the house. also take note of the neighbour's house, boarded up and burnt. dundons wanted to use the garden as a carpark so they ran their neighbours out of it. Their own version of regeneration.

any pictures or video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

mike kelly wrote: »
    any pictures or video?

dare you to sit n your car there and take a video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Hi
    I read in the paper yesterday that this guy is getting out soon even tho he is doing a 10 year sentence that he got in 2005 i make that 5 years

If someone can find a link and put it up i cant find it

HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN OUT 5 YEARS EARLY:mad:

There should be a big deal made about this. This man is absolute filth and an unhinged psychopath. How the fuck do these politicians and guards talk about wiping out these crime syndicates when they leave out the bosses only halfway through their jail term. Wayne Dundon is the top guy in the gang, they should be keeping him until the very last second of his sentence.

This whole "prisons are full" excuse doesn't cut it. Let out a petty criminal if you need to free up a cell. This malignant cunt should be the last in the list.

Have no doubt things will kick off again when he gets out. He shot a guy for not serving his sister in a pub. Kind of gives you an insight into the kind of animal we are dealing with.:mad:

magma69 wrote: »
    There should be a big deal made about this. This man is absolute filth and an unhinged psychopath. How the fuck do these politicians and guards talk about wiping out these crime syndicates when they leave out the bosses only halfway through their jail term. Wayne Dundon is the top guy in the gang, they should be keeping him until the very last second of his sentence.

This whole "prisons are full" excuse doesn't cut it. Let out a petty criminal if you need to free up a cell. This malignant cunt should be the last in the list.

Have no doubt things will kick off again when he gets out. He shot a guy for not serving his sister in a pub. Kind of gives you an insight into the kind of animal we are dealing with.:mad:

as I said earlier, I'm pretty sure that he will be immediately rearrested so he won't actually get out. The original 10 year term was reduced on appeal so it is the judicary who are at fault here.

will be very interesting to see if he is tried on other charges. this will be a real test of the politicans will to do something about these scum. I read again the judges summing up to the jury in the Brian Fitzgerald murder trial and it nearly brought me to tears. Juries often heed remarks made by the judge in his summing up (this formed a big part of the basis for an appeal in the Birmingham Six case) and he more or less told them to find Anthony Kelly and Dessie Dundon not guilty. Not to mention that he earler directed the jury to find John Dundon not guilty.

"With final arguments completed today, it only remains now for Justice Peter Charlton to instruct the jury on their duties as jurors. In his statement today, he warned them to be wary of James Martin Cahill’s evidence, as he himself was an accomplice in the murder of Docs doorman Brian Fitzgerald.
    He told them that accomplice evidence could be strengthened by corroborating evidence, of which none existed in the case against Anthony Kelly of Kilrush County Clare and Desmond Dundon of Ballinacurra Weston.
    He told the jury that they would have to decide whether the evidence against Gary Campion, of Moyross, fell into this category.
    The jury of twelve men are due to begin deliberating tomorrow once justice Charlton has completed his charge."

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

Surely these guys cant barely read or write,i still dont believe they have the brains to be running a drug empire.All the checks for passports,credit cards etc book flights etc,fill out paperwork surely they can be got

Jezz Kess73 you must get a hard time from scum

these lads are far from dumb, they know the law inside out probably better than some solicitors, if they were in any other line of business they would be at the top, its just where they grew up and their upbringing, its crazy that they would be even considered for early release but does it even make much of a difference, they were instructing and carrying out stuff from behind bars so its unlikely to have much of an impact, when the leading figure from the 'other side' got out people were also thinking it was going to kick off but i think he just retired to spain or something

these lads are far from dumb, they know the law inside out probably better than some solicitors, if they were in any other line of business they would be at the top, its just where they grew up and their upbringing, its crazy that they would be even considered for early release but does it even make much of a difference, they were instructing and carrying out stuff from behind bars so its unlikely to have much of an impact, when the leading figure from the 'other side' got out people were also thinking it was going to kick off but i think he just retired to spain or something

I wouldn't rate the Dundons as intelligent. Larry is the brains behind that outfit. They are a deadly combination though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone see the NOTW today? It says that the Dundons and McCarthys are splitting up over one gang getting more money from drugs than the other and there is going to be serious war/bloodshed between both parties

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone see the NOTW today? It says that the Dundons and McCarthys are splitting up over one gang getting more money from drugs than the other and there is going to be serious war/bloodshed between both parties

great news if it's true. Got a link? I can't find the NOTW irish version online. Or could you scan it (please)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Mc Love wrote: »

Hopefully they'll Mexican standoff the shít out of each other Tarantino style.

- That or else just the thing where they shoot themselves in the head during tutorials on how to shoot People in the head......

actually something similar was reported a few months back in the Herald . Anyone know who the "senior figure" being referred to is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mike kelly wrote: »
    actually something similar was reported a few months back in the Herald . Anyone know who the "senior figure" being referred to is?

I bet Willie O'Dea is behind it all, that face is actually a mask and it'll be pulled off, Scooby-Doo style some day, and he would have gotten away with it too if it wasnt for those pesky guards:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement