Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build, rebooting every few seconds

Options
  • 07-01-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

i5 - 750
    4GB OCZ Gold 1600MHz
    Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    Corsair 750W PSU
    Gigabyte GA P55 UD4 Motherboard

Tried both Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus & Stock Intel CPU cooler

A friend of mine is building his first computer and it's restarting every few seconds during POST. Nothing appears on the monitor.

I had a similar problem before, which was solved by switching the cpu cooler but nothing I've tried so far has had any success.

Tested both CPU coolers.
    Rebuilt, checked all cables.

Could this mean a part is damaged? (Static?)

Any ideas? thanks.

PS

-Press ON button
    -Fans spin up
    -CD drives spin up
    -HDD spins up
    -PC resets
    -Repeat

Looks like we had fried RAM. Took the second stick out and it booted. Gotta put the graphics card back in now and hope that's not fried either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jock Strap

Obvious, I now, but can you confirm that you had plugged in both of those coolers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Yeah. Confirm both coolers work. The RAM was the problem. 2GB stick wasted I guess. Anyone know how good OCZ are with returns?

Advertisement