Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Grangerath

Options
  • 07-01-2010 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Any one know anything about the new gym in Grangerath. Ive been trying to find there website. But they dont seem to have one. Does anyone kknow anything about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

www.southgatefitness.com

It has a pay as you go option, but wasnt overly impressed with it. I know the lads decided to start small but I can see it getting very packed very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

That website is just... yuck! But Gym is a great idea though - and yes, probably will get a lot of business too, and the location is very good.

Anyone know what their rates are like?

They are competitive, about €400 annually or €40 a month pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They are competitive, about €400 annually or €40 a month pay as you go.

Not much cheaper than the Boyne Valley and at least they have a pool and tennis courts.

Can't understand why these guys thought it would be a good idea to open a gym there. They've got the BV close by which would seem to be haemorrhaging members - I joined in November and most of the time when I go (about 4 times a week) there's only 1-3 other people in the gym - what sort of market research did they do before deciding to open?

eth0_ is the BV or Southgate that has only 3 or 4 members in it when your there. Twas early Nov when I was there (SG) and it appeared busy, with only 10 or 11 members there.

What rate you getting from BV, I am being charged about 600 pa, if you have a negotiating tactic let me know please.

Owen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm not sure you're thinking of the right gym, as Southgate only opened last month?

BV is the one i'm a member of and it's pretty quiet. I'm a student so I pay 35 a month but i'm sure you could negotiate your membership fee when it's up for renewal - I think they've lost a lot of members due to the recession and could be getting desperate.

Advertisement