Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chips in balls!

Options
  • 07-01-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi, now that ive got my own bowling balls i was just wondering if chips in balls is inevitable or if its the way you bowl or if its just the lane condition and the different type of systems in each place that cause them? I have already 1 tiny chip thats barely noticable on my strike ball so just wondering what i should do to minimise this? Thanks for any advice!

Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Chips and scrapes are unfortunately a reality :) However, any deep chips or scarring should be reported to the centre you bowl in. Do this as soon as it happens because deep cuts it may indicate a more serious problem with the ball return mechanism or a sharp edge on the pinwheel that lifts the pins into the pinsetter mechanism. Reporting it also means that you can then ask the bowling centre to repair it for you and they should offer to do it free of charge, if not, ask them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

I bowl in leisureplex and i think they have signs on the walls saying that its part of the game or something and they dont have a responsibility for that kinda thing. It doesnt really matter as it doesnt really happen. Its just i was wondering if there was a way of preventing this. Thought it was maybe the way you throw it might have caused it. Maybe a heavy landing or something. Anyway thx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bings

Hi There is very little you can do to stop ships in bowling balls. It happens. the plex have signs and best of luck if you can get a replacment for serious damages to your ball you may have a chance of getting the ball resurfaced with Barry in Stillorgan or it repaired by him at the plex expence. chips can be caused by just about anything putting it into your bag, getting damaged by accidentally dropping it on the floor, the way you roll the ball, hitting the pins, the lanes , the machinery. If anyone can find a way to stop this then they can patent it and make a fortune.

Advertisement