Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to up the quality of a logo?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

I designed a logo in Photoshop, and it looked alright when exported and on Flickr, but I added it to the forum that the logo would represent and it looks terrible.

http://forums.myinsidegamer.com

I've set up those forums for the time being, but they won't be the finished forums. As you can see, it's the same image as the one in my sig, but it's much lower quality on the site.

Does anyone know how I can make the quality better? It's a .gif BTW. It's the only file extension I can use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Hmm, an idea might be to have the transparency colour match the main background forum colour, that way when you dropper select it to make it transparent, any rough edges around the .gif will roughly match the background, as opposed to what you seem to have now, using white as the transparency.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Here they are side by side.

Forum left (13kb), Signature right. (8kb)

forume.gifsignaturer.gif

Did you change settings at all? Are you editing from a .psd, or a .gif. One is twice the size with lower quality.

Why not just use the .gif from your signature on the forum, it is the same size.

You've definitely created two different files, with altered output settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Yeah, I just used the signature logo. Why didn't I think of that in the first place?

Thanks Amalgam

Advertisement