Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in summer camps in Canada or USA

Options
  • 07-01-2010 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

me and a few friends are really interested in getting a job in a summer camp in vancouver, canada. we just wanna hear if anyone knows anything about these camps or has had any experience working in one.
    how hard is it?
    what skills are required of you?
    whats the pay like?

please and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭goldjogger

Heya, I have never worked in summer camps in america or canada, but in my own opinion I would get in touch with the summer camps directly, do a goodle search on say "summer camps in new york" get details of the camp, contact details etc and e-mail or ring them enquiring about working with them for the summer and when e-mailing send your resume aswel.

If your in college get onto your careers officer and they might be able to help you out and may even have some contacts in america or canada or know of students who have done this before.

Hope it helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Heres my opinion from talking to Irish people that have done it, I was over doing a j1 in San Fran and Later Chicago.

Heres some negatives--
    You will usually get paid pittance
    You may have to deal with quiet a few Spoilt Kids

Positives--
    Youll work with some wonderful people make lots of new mates and work with some wonderful kids

I'd personally much rather go on a J1 if you are in University

Advertisement