Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long will it last?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Min wrote: »
    ECMWF keeps it going for another 8 days at least.

Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Really? Met Eireann seems to think the cold temps will continue for quite a while.

given the stakes they are probably being cautious(waiting for later model runs) before committing themselves but i think we'll see in their farming forecast them indicating a gradual change is on the way from tuesday of next week. it won't be mild by our usual standards by the end of the week, but temperatures should be back up to the January average by Friday.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Hopefully.

i would love it if they did a complete u-turn but they do seem to be indicating change is on the way before that. so it looks as if temperatures will be slowly climbing back up to around normal...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

and so it is all things must pass. will it be 30 or 40 years before we see a cold event like this again???
    Ah go away out of that :p
    I was looking at a documentary called the big freeze at christmas time , talking about feb 09 , how they havent seen anything like it in the uk for like 30 years and that it could be another 30 before they see it again, as i was watching it on tv , the next "30 years event" was currently taken place ( and still is) beating februarys " big freeze",
    Put that in ur pipe and smoke it.
    :cool::cool::pac:

Pangea wrote: »
    Ah go away out of that :p
    I was looking at a documentary called the big freeze at christmas time , talking about feb 09 , how they havent seen anything like it in the uk for like 30 years and that it could be another 30 before they see it again, as i was watching it on tv , the next "30 years event" was currently taken place ( and still is) beating februarys " big freeze",
    Put that in ur pipe and smoke it.
    :cool::cool::pac:

you are a very rude young man indeed. i will do nothing of the sort. seriously though it could of course happen again soon but it's highly unlikely:(

i certainly would fupping love if we saw winters like this more often:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm going to be optimistic and believe that it'll start to warm up by Tuesday... if we all believe it can happen, it will :rolleyes:.

Huh. I wish.

Much as I love the drama of 'ooooh are we going to break a record?' etc. etc., I am so over this weather. The first bits of snow fell the day I came home for Christmas (Dec19th) and the ice/frost/snow etc. has barely stopped since. So many cancelled plans, so much boredom.

Give me rain anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Please

Rtavn7817.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Hopefully.
    Are you for real? I think most people have had just about enough of this misery at this stage. It is a massive inconvenience to people trying to go about their normal lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Aidric wrote: »
    Are you for real? I think most people have had just about enough of this misery at this stage. It is a massive inconvenience to people trying to go about their normal lives.
    I would say that 9 out of 10 people I know are loving this weather. Even an elderly neighbour of mine who was giving out about the weather said.......... "its lovely to look at in the garden":D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

That Francis bloke on Sky News Weather has indicated that the thaw will begin in some parts of Ireland on Thursday next. Reaching the UK by the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

this talk of the cold spell lasting till march is pure nonesense , were that to happen , it would be of such a historical magnitude , we would not be discussing mere climate change but something closer to what denis quaid was warning about in the movie , the day after tommorrow , seriously , if this lasts untill march , we might aswell rename the country west moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

looks like the worst (or best) is over.....and by Friday we are back to normal. Even tomorrow may turn to sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

pauldry wrote: »
    That Francis bloke on Sky News Weather has indicated that the thaw will begin in some parts of Ireland on Thursday next. Reaching the UK by the weekend.

I'd take Sky News's opinions with a pinch of salt(or a truckload in this weather:D).
    They're usually only interested in the weather in the London area and their forecasts for Irish weather typically resemble the worst kind of guess work.

Glazers Out!

inabina wrote: »
    Even tomorrow may turn to sleet.

on the east and south east coast it may well turn to sleet tomorrow, but probably not well inland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    we might aswell rename the country west moscow

Better then west Britain :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

ragg wrote: »
    Better then west Britain :pac:

very sharp... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

The Eagle reckons the worst is over temperature wise. I may start seeing road again in my estate by Tuesday. Then by Thursday it will be raining but cold. 5c.Then the Atlantic tries to get established again but its early to say will it win?

Advertisement