Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know any websites to sell my car?

• 07-01-2010 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any websites where I can list my car for sale? I already have it on Donedeal, And Adverts.ie, and Carzone is €40 to list a car, which is to expensive, Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

gumtree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Thanks karoma, posted there now. Anyone know any others? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What are you selling? If it's a popular car and it's not selling it's because you have it priced out of the market, if it's an unpopular one you will have little chance selling it unless you are virtually giving it away.

a 1.0 Litre 2002 opel corsa?

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    a 1.0 Litre 2002 opel corsa?

Should be fairly popular for someone starting off, may I ask what you are selling it for, does it have very high mileage or anything like that to put people off?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

donedeal.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

cbg.ie
    whatcar.ie
    carsireland.ie

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Should be fairly popular for someone starting off, may I ask what you are selling it for, does it have very high mileage or anything like that to put people off?

Eh im selling it for 2300? It has 90,000 miles.. Is that to expensive?

And thanks to everyone for the sites!:)

Could be the 90,000 that is putting people off but if the car was serviced regularly it should be fine for half that again. If you have changed the timing belt (ignore if it is a chain?) I would mention that in the ad.

Right searched adverts.ie, presume this is it http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=174858&cpage=2#poststart

Here's some constructive criticism, don't take it the wrong way, it's only my opinion on the pics but I hope it helps you sell it...

The car needs a proper wax and cleaning outside, you can see dirt on it, the alloys need to be cleaned and tyres should be dressed, two hours doing a proper job on it will make it more appealing and much more likely to get someone interested to go out and look at it.
    I'd remove the spoilers on the wipers, steering wheel cover, rear window tint as these will not appeal to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

You'll get about 1600-1700 if your lucky OP, price it at 1950 but be prepared to take less.

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Could be the 90,000 that is putting people off but if the car was serviced regularly it should be fine for half that again. If you have changed the timing belt (ignore if it is a chain?) I would mention that in the ad.

Thanks man! Im not sure really, I'll ask my neighbour, he owned it before me, and knows everything! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

HI HOW MUCH ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AND WHATS THE INFO REGARDS BRIAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Eh im selling it for 2300? It has 90,000 miles.. Is that to expensive?

And thanks to everyone for the sites!:)

2300 HAHA GOOD 1

KEEP IT MATE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Going to be selling my pug soon if i can get my hands on a beaut. Wonder how much i will get? 42k miles 2004 206 1.4 LX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 John68

Check out www.fetch.ie

It only cost €3 too

Advertisement