Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film and Television Portfolio IADT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Tom4000

So as a whole were they good this year atgate?

When are the results given, roughly?

Will everyone be interviewed or just some?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

So as a whole were they good this year atgate?

Yes the ones I saw were up to standard.

When are the results given, roughly?

Pretty soon I'd say, the interviews are in three or four weeks time

Will everyone be interviewed or just some?

For film about a third of applicants are called for interview.

Super, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 trickortreat

atgate, does it matter if your portfolio questionaire was taken up or not because i know people whos were and others whos were not, or are we all just reading in to it too much.

atgate, does it matter if your portfolio questionaire was taken up or not because i know people whos were and others whos were not, or are we all just reading in to it too much.

You're definitely reading too much into it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JeanHarlow

Roughly how many people applied for the 30 places in Film & TV Production? And how many of those would be mature students?

And thanks for all the info and advice! :) Much appreciated!

JeanHarlow wrote: »
    Roughly how many people applied for the 30 places in Film & TV Production? And how many of those would be mature students?

And thanks for all the info and advice! :) Much appreciated!

I'm away writing (I really shouldn't be on the internet) so I don't have access to the numbers, but a good few hundred. Remember that includes people who tick Film & TV just because it's on the college list and they're really applying for something else.

I've no idea about the amount of mature student applicants. Admissions don't give us that info (and we don't want it). We assess the portfolio on its merits. And we have no quotas.

Its a pity it takes a couple of weeks for the interview letters to go out but its a pretty big job to get done and admissions are a small group of overworked people.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! :)

Jeez! A good few hundred?! :S I'm thinking I should start doing a portfolio for next year now! :S lol

I can imagine it is a big task to undertake alright! And now feel sorry for admissions :S lol

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Anna_Banana

This is my second year applying.
    Really hope I get called for an interview so I can wow you with my winning personality and my fantastic abilities :P

This is my second year applying.
    Really hope I get called for an interview so I can wow you with my winning personality and my fantastic abilities :P

Good luck!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Serious props to people who presented a portfolio for this course. I wanted to apply for this course last year but the pressure of creating a portfolio on something I know so little about whilst doing the LC was too much so I took a PLC art course and I recently applied for a couple of other courses in IADT. I have so much respect for you guys, I know its a tough course and best of luck to those of you who get in!

melissavm wrote: »
    Serious props to people who presented a portfolio for this course. I wanted to apply for this course last year but the pressure of creating a portfolio on something I know so little about whilst doing the LC was too much so I took a PLC art course and I recently applied for a couple of other courses in IADT. I have so much respect for you guys, I know its a tough course and best of luck to those of you who get in!

Thanks! I really really would love a place but don't think my portfolio was strong enough this time. I had a hectic few months where everything that could go wrong did, my kids being sick, in hospital etc so no time. I also read the portfolio assessment date wrong (eejit) so ended up staying up until 6am the morning it was due to finish it! :S lol But I am concentrating on building up a body of work now and will apply again next year if I have to! :)

If you really want to do filmmaking then don't let pressure or fear of not knowing enough stop you! :) You are doing these courses to learn anyway! Good luck with whatever you do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Thanks! I really really would love a place but don't think my portfolio was strong enough this time. I had a hectic few months where everything that could go wrong did, my kids being sick, in hospital etc so no time. I also read the portfolio assessment date wrong (eejit) so ended up staying up until 6am the morning it was due to finish it! :S lol But I am concentrating on building up a body of work now and will apply again next year if I have to! :)

If you really want to do filmmaking then don't let pressure or fear of not knowing enough stop you! :) You are doing these courses to learn anyway! Good luck with whatever you do! :)

Thanks very much! Same to you :) Stay positive-- you might be pleasantly surprised!

melissavm wrote: »
    Thanks very much! Same to you :) Stay positive-- you might be pleasantly surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shteve1990

Has anyone gotten any info about when the interviews are happening, and has anyone gotten any dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Anna_Banana

They’re supposed to be in 2 weeks time!

I had already gotten an email about an interview this time last year.
    I’m getting worried :(

They're on my schedule for next week so I'd say emails will be any time now.

Is getting an interview a good thing?

Tom4000 wrote: »
    Is getting an interview a good thing?

Yes (for Film & TV anyway).

I'm thinking it's time to start working on my portfolio for next year :S lol

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

By any chance can anyone tell me if the photography applicants get interviews? :o

atgate wrote: »
    Yes (for Film & TV anyway).

Ok thanks atgate, all the help is really appreciated, I'm sure most people don't have the luxury of being able to throw questions at someone directly working on their prospective course whenever they like, so cheers!

Any tips for the interview?

Ok thanks atgate, all the help is really appreciated, I'm sure most people don't have the luxury of being able to throw questions at someone directly working on their prospective course whenever they like, so cheers!

Hey Tom4000, Hope this isn't a rude question, if it is just ignore it :) But did you get an interview? And good luck! :)

Hey Tom4000, Hope this isn't a rude question, if it is just ignore it :) But did you get an interview? And good luck! :)

Yes I did, got the email on Wednesday. Thanks and good luck to you too. :)

Yes I did, got the email on Wednesday. Thanks and good luck to you too. :)

Awesome! :) I didn't get it, working towards a knock out portfolio for next year now! :) Well done to you! Wow them at the interview and good luck with it! :) Let us know how it goes if ya can! :)

Awesome! :) I didn't get it, working towards a knock out portfolio for next year now! :) Well done to you! Wow them at the interview and good luck with it! :) Let us know how it goes if ya can! :)
    Thanks a million, best of luck to you too.
    It's a pity you didn't get it this year, you obviously care a lot about it. A whole year is a great amount of time to get a whopper PF together though so kick some ass! :pac:

Thanks a million, best of luck to you too.
    It's a pity you didn't get it this year, you obviously care a lot about it. A whole year is a great amount of time to get a whopper PF together though so kick some ass! :pac:

Thanks :) Yeah, I really do care and want it so much! But knew my portfolio wasn't strong enough this time. Though I couldn't help being a little hopeful :S lol Definitely going to try kick some ass next year! lol Hope all goes great for you! :)

Just be yourself. And remember you're interviewing us too.

Sorry it didn't work out this year. If you are going to apply next year feel free to give us a shout in Sept and we can offer advice re portfolio etc. PM me.

B

• Advertisement

atgate wrote: »
    Sorry it didn't work out this year. If you are going to apply next year feel free to give us a shout in Sept and we can offer advice re portfolio etc. PM me.

B

I sent you a PM, but my laptop acting a bit weird! Sorry if it sent twice? :S Might not have sent at all though?! lol

Anyway, thanks for all the help!

Advertisement