Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film and Television Portfolio IADT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Anna_Banana

Jean, its not over yet!
    You won’t really know how you did until May.
    Don’t be so disheartened! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JeanHarlow

Jean, its not over yet!
    You won’t really know how you did until May.
    Don’t be so disheartened! :)

Thanks, but I am pretty sure! Though instead of sobbing, I am going to concentrate on creating a strong portfolio for next year! :)

Good luck to you! Is this your second year to apply? Hope you get it and will keep fingers crossed for you! :)

JeanHarlow wrote: »
    Thanks, but I am pretty sure! Though instead of sobbing, I am going to concentrate on creating a strong portfolio for next year! :)

Good luck to you! Is this your second year to apply? Hope you get it and will keep fingers crossed for you! :)

It is my 2nd year, yes. I feel a lot stronger this year then last year!
    With a full year working on it, I’m sure you’ll get the full 600 no problem next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Tom4000

Wow, really quick interview. Thought I'd come out of it with an incling of how I did but I've no idea. Guess I'll find out soon enough though.

Interviewers were nice. I hope I get in but I have a feeling it won't be my year. Who knows.

Tom4000 wrote: »
    Wow, really quick interview. Thought I'd come out of it with an incling of how I did but I've no idea. Guess I'll find out soon enough though.

Interviewers were nice. I hope I get in but I have a feeling it won't be my year. Who knows.

Fingers crossed for you! :) Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Shteve1990

What kind of questions did you get asked?

Really general stuff. We went over the portfolio a bit, what I thought could've been better about it etc.
    We talked about the course for a while and how things are run. I'm finding it kinda hard to remember what I was asked specifically because it was very laid back and it was more of a chat than an interview.

If you've got an interview coming up don't be nervous at all, there was definitely no 'out of the blue' type questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shteve1990

Nice, my interview is tomorrow. I was kind of half expecting q's like that, thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

Had my interview this morning, interviewers were really nice, said they'd already designated points so the interview was either a really good thing or a really bad thing.No odd questions or anything. To anyone who's got the interview, it's fine, it means they're at least showing interest in you.
    Now the horrible 3-4 week wait.:pac:

My interview was yesterday.
    It was so quick, didnt manage to say all I wanted to say!

Other than that, I felt it went well.

Although, my interview went really really well last year too and I didnt get a place :(

• Advertisement

Although, my interview went really really well last year too and I didnt get a place :(

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chesseit

were we being marked on the interviews because they were very short?

They told me that points had already been decided on :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chesseit

i think thats what he said to me at the start but thinking back now i cant remember much of the interview at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

They told me that points had already been decided on :confused:
    Is this the case for all the courses, do you know? Cause I travelled 5 hours for a 10 minute Animation interview yesterday and i was under the influence that it was possible to boost your points slightly if you have a good interview :(

melissavm wrote: »
    Is this the case for all the courses, do you know? Cause I travelled 5 hours for a 10 minute Animation interview yesterday and i was under the influence that it was possible to boost your points slightly if you have a good interview :(

My friend had his interview for Animation this morning and apparently if you get an interview it's a good sign so who knows?:pac:

Got a phone call yesterday to come in for an interview today! Think it went well, but who knows?! :S Now for more waiting! :) Good luck everyone!

Got a phone call yesterday to come in for an interview today! Think it went well, but who knows?! :S Now for more waiting! :) Good luck everyone!
    Did you not get an e-mail as well? I was only told the day before too!
    My friend had his interview for Animation this morning and apparently if you get an interview it's a good sign so who knows?:pac:
    Yay, i like positive thoughts :P thank you!

No email! Just a call yesterday afternoon for an interview today! Best phonecall ever! :)

No email! Just a call yesterday afternoon for an interview today! Best phonecall ever! :)
    Wow that's great, you mightn't have to wait until next year after all.

• Advertisement

I am desperately hoping the points for Film don't go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

I am desperately hoping the points for Film don't go up.

To be honest, me too.

The whole over 900 thing is daunting enough but if it tips over the 1000 mark, I'll cry.

Tom4000 wrote: »
    Wow that's great, you mightn't have to wait until next year after all.

Fingers crossed! :) SO want it...this is my first time applying but I'm gonna keep applying until either I'm good enough or I wear them down :) haha

Results came out this week last year I think.

Haven't a clue if that changes year to year though.

Oooooh here come the nerves...

The tension is killing me :eek:

3rd week of May guys.

I just want to know already!

Ah crap!

Thanks nonetheless, how'd you find out?

• Advertisement

It was in an email about the interviews, and i think they said it in the interview too.

Advertisement