Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water being turned off in Swords at 8 tonight

Options
  • 07-01-2010 8:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm in Rivervalley and I just heard that our water's being turned off at 8 tonight. I don't know what other areas will be affected, just wanted to let everyone know in case it's all of Swords.

Edit: According to a neighbour it will affect all of Swords

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Balls, was it a reliable source?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

nothing on Fingal Co Co website yet

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Where did you hear about this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Jonathan wrote: »
    Where did you hear about this?

A friend whose brother works in the council. Very reliable - he's usually right.
    Some of the neighbours had heard too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My hubby's up at JC's and people are buying up the large bottles of water.
    Hopefully it'll only be off overnight though. As far as I know it's in order to conserve water supplies because the reservoir's quite low - Alan Farrell posted about this HERE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

just spoke to the council on the emergency water services line and apparently they are not switching off the water tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

My hubby's up at JC's and people are buying up the large bottles of water.
    Hopefully it'll only be off overnight though. As far as I know it's in order to conserve water supplies because the reservoir's quite low - Alan Farrell posted about this in the DCN off-topic thread.

Damn, guess we're fcuked then if the reservoir's running low in January, Come August we'll all be having sand baths

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

scudzilla wrote: »
    Damn, guess we're fcuked then if the reservoir's running low in January, Come August we'll all be having sand baths

Don't worry, we'll have plenty of rain in the meantime to replenish the supplies...:D

The increased demand can in part be put down to people leaving taps running taps to avoid frozen and/or burst pipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MammyNotSpammy

Yeah, I am in Boroimhe and I heard it too, but I heard it was cos of a burst pipe. If it is switched off, can we use our central heating?

Yeah, I am in Boroimhe and I heard it too, but I heard it was cos of a burst pipe. If it is switched off, can we use our central heating?

Yes, you just have to be careful not to drain the hot or cold water tanks or you could get an airlock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MammyNotSpammy

Panic over!!!!!!!!!!!

Just rang some poor fecker in the council. It is just a rumour, not happening :D

Panic over!!!!!!!!!!!

Just rang some poor fecker in the council. It is just a rumour, not happening :D

:rolleyes: It's amazing how these rumours can spread - I've been hearing it from all directions. Sorry if I alarmed anyone. I'll phone himself and tell him to put back the huge bottle of water in the supermarket :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Water is definately running low.....this is from the RTE website.

Fingal Co Council in Dublin has again appealed to residents not to leave taps running as water levels in some reservoirs are critically low.

Also - http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/CustomerServices-WaterDepartment/EmergencyInformationUpdates/

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

I think someone should change the title of this thread...

I think someone should change the title of this thread...

Thanks for pointing it out :)

I tried but I couldn't change it - Mods, can you help please?

Advertisement