Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LoI Pre-season Friendlies

• 07-01-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Drogs, Dundalk, Shams, Bohs and Pats for us all going to be away.:D Least no pointless long journeys to feckin' Letterkenny this season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Drogs-v-Shels 29/30 January.

We're also playing Dundalk in our annual massacre eh friendly. Hopefully we'll keep the red cards down a bit this year. Actually, I'm looking forward to playing Shels (even though I might be away that weekend) because ye gave us a good test last year when we we're only after getting the team together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Two Luas trips through Inchicore, Gav.

Be careful, they eat their young down there. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Home pre-season friendlies:cool:

Not even a month to go. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Drogs, Dundalk, Shams, Bohs and Pats for us all going to be away.:D Least no pointless long journeys to feckin' Letterkenny this season.

Woooohooooooooo!! I can't wait for the season to start so these matches will do nicely to warm up

So you're playing us at Richmond?? We're due a win against you's!! McAllister to get the winner :)

• Advertisement

You'll also get to see why Damien Brennan was 'saving' himself last season. To unleash his might defensive abilities on an unsuspecting world in 2010. Sorry I've been reading a lot of comic books lately....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stovelid wrote: »
    Two Luas trips through Inchicore, Gav.

Be careful, they eat their young down there. :D

Sure I work in Inchicore and when I'm going to college I have to go past Inchicore on the Luas.:D Still remember 2 years ago when we had our last friendly there, me and my mate were leaving a bit late after the match (had to take down all the banners and stuff) and walking out Richmond Park wasn't there about 50 Pats schooligans, head down and ended up walking around the side roads in Inchicore down to the SCR.:D
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Woooohooooooooo!! I can't wait for the season to start so these matches will do nicely to warm up

So you're playing us at Richmond?? We're due a win against you's!! McAllister to get the winner :)

Well it won't be in Tolka, so most likely Richmond. Don't mine if Maccer scores, he's a great player and deserves to be playing in te Premier, hope it goes well for him with the junkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Any Premier League clubs scheduled to come over?

flahavaj wrote: »

Usually not till the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Im sure we'll try to get Liverpool XI to come over again. In the Summer obviously.

• Advertisement

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1141-pre-season-fixtures

More fixtures. Away to Glenavon and Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do yiz love Molloy or hate him ?

Seems to be no in the middle with him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Tommy thinks he can get Spurs wknd Feb 5th.

In other hilarious Tommy notions, he thinks CCFC shall be hosting a Barcelona XI at some stage also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Looking forward to Rovers vs Shels.:D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Do yiz love Molloy or hate him ?

Seems to be no in the middle with him :pac:

Grant will be there too, don't forget. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

We'll arange some friendlys once we get a manager. And some players...

Grant will be there too, don't forget. :D

I've his name on the back of one of my drogs jerseys. What a legend he was.

fh041205 wrote: »
    What a legend he was.

True :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Dundalk Vs Athlone, forget the date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Lets hit the Maldron for a boards beers before :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Voltwad wrote: »

I'm up for it. :)

Saturday February 6 (2.30pm)
    Sporting Fingal v Monaghan United
    Portmarnock FC, Paddy’s Field
    :D:D

Some fella's field?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Des wrote: »
    Portmarnock FC, Paddy’s Field
    :D:D

Some fella's field?!

It should actually be Paddy's Hill -- http://www.portmarnockafc.com/map.html or http://www.portmarnockafc.com/facilities.php

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs playing past students of St. Declans 7th February in Dalymount, with Heary, Keegan and Hughes lining out for Declans. Part

Playing Glebe North on 2nd February in Balbriggan in aid of the cervical cancer vaccine.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

My Bohs mate was saying Shane Supple is lining out for Declans, any truth in that?

Can't wait for the real Dublin derby, may only be a friendly, but 4 years since the last and how things have changed.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

My Bohs mate was saying Shane Supple is lining out for Declans, any truth in that?
    Yeah
    Football players who have represented St Declans on the pitch during their time in school include Shane Supple, Richie Partridge, Mark Kenny (brother of Harry), Stephen Paisley, Aidan Collins, Dean Marshall as well as the Bohs senior squad trio.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Probably not. :( Wife is working late so I may drive down closer to kick-off.

I'll know for sure closer to the time.

Can't wait for Tuesday. I'll be at the Longford, Shels and Bray games all in the space of a week or so. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Working nights the night of Shels @ Rovers (gettin' the favours in now, hopefully swing a few league nights off then!), which still leaves Tallaght as the only ground yet to sample my delights (excluding Salthill's field, of course) - I'm claiming to be leaving it for when its a competitive fixture.

You going up to Drawda tomorrow?

Planning on it alright, yourself gonna be up there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Was there a couple of times last season where only Rovers fans got into the Maldron or was that just for Bohs? Otherwise...why not :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

dfx- wrote: »
    Was there a couple of times last season where only Rovers fans got into the Maldron or was that just for Bohs? Otherwise...why not :)
    For the Bohs matches they allowed Rovers season ticket holders only in if I remember correctly!

Töpher wrote: »
    which still leaves Tallaght as the only ground yet to sample my delights (excluding Salthill's field, of course)

It's a bad ground, I was going to be arrested for distrubing the peace!? Shouting abuse at Quigley to his face which started him coming over and a guard jumping in between us. Fun times at the FAI Cup.

• Advertisement

It's a bad ground, I was going to be arrested for distrubing the peace!? Shouting abuse at Quigley to his face which started him coming over and a guard jumping in between us. Fun times at the FAI Cup.

A guard saving you from a hiding makes Tallaght a bad ground? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Raging im missing Shels at home aarrgh

Whats the craic with Tolka and the extension? Delighted for yis if its true

Cheers, always love a good laugh me! :D Drunken posting ftw! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Longford are playing Shamrock Rovers on Tuesday night. Another season awaits. YAY MORE MISERY! :D

Cheers, always love a good laugh me! :D Drunken posting ftw! :pac:

Drunken posting, but it's a true story and a funny one at that.:D

• Advertisement

1 nil to the Reds in Drogheda. Didn;t play half bad I must say. Shocking attendence, about 100-120 Shels and no more than that Drogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Sounds like a plan. Should be OK, Id imagine the only time we wont be able to meet up in there is when the shower from D7 turn up. Was Season Tickets and Home End tickets only that night. You wont miss me, I have wheels instead of feet and drink tea by the gallon!

1 nil to the Reds in Drogheda. Didn;t play half bad I must say. Shocking attendence, about 100-120 Shels and no more than that Drogs.

Loved the 2 ol' Drogheda lads I overheard on the way out;

"Sure, you'd expect that against a team like Shelbourne".
    "Yeah, those players have been playing together for years".
    "Against a sold, settled squad we were never going to stand a chance".

And there was me thinking we'd had a clear out and spent most of the game wondering mostly which unknown teenager was which! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

The gate wont even cover the cost of the refs and officials so :mad:

Lollymcd wrote: »

Well it was only a friendly, idk what people expected. 200 on a Thurs night is about right for our core support (or those who could make it anyway). 1000 wouldn't cover 4 officials?

Loved the 2 ol' Drogheda lads I overheard on the way out;

"Sure, you'd expect that against a team like Shelbourne".
    "Yeah, those players have been playing together for years".
    "Against a sold, settled squad we were never going to stand a chance".

And there was me thinking we'd had a clear out and spent most of the game wondering mostly which unknown teenager was which! :pac:

3 players from last year in the whole squad!?
    Lollymcd wrote: »

If they had a actually not changed the day of the fixture 48 hours before hand I'd say there would have been at least an extra 50-100 Shels and probably alot more Drogs out. But sure the Celtic match is probably top priority.:D

If they had a actually not changed the day of the fixture 48 hours before hand I'd say there would have been at least an extra 50-100 Shels and probably alot more Drogs out. But sure the Celtic match is probably top priority.:D

That was because of the officials actually, who were (apparently) unavailable for Friday.

fh041205 wrote: »
    That was because of the officials actually, who were (apparently) unavailable for Friday.

Ye supposedly, but the FAI have to sanction all friendlies, so unless they didn't know (which wouldn't surprise me) or they just forgot to tell us.

I hate you Gav

Des wrote: »
    I hate you Gav

Personal abuse, mods?:D

And Shels win another friendly, beat a strong PFAI selection there 1-0. Just finished.

• Advertisement
Advertisement