Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exam repeats.

• 07-01-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm basically trying to plan for the summer but I know for sure that I'm gonna fail at least one exam so can anyone tell me when the repeats are this year or when they usually are? Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

Boston_ wrote: »
    Tbh if you can't even study for a summer exam a whole term away then it serves you right if your summer plans are ruined :rolleyes:.

Could you not have just answered the question instead of being a ****ing knob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

As far as I know, and I could be wrong, but I think they are on for two weeks from the 30th August. Then one week off then college starts again on the 20th September. I think!! But I did find it on the website at some stage so its there somewhere.

FluffyCat wrote: »
    As far as I know, and I could be wrong, but I think they are on for two weeks from the 30th August. Then one week off then college starts again on the 20th September. I think!! But I did find it on the website at some stage so its there somewhere.

Cool cheers, I'll have a proper look on the website now and see if I can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭gaeilgeboy

On the TCD website, this year they were from 30th of August to the 7th of September, so I imagine that they'll be quite similar this year.

http://www.tcd.ie/calendar/academic-year/academicyear-0910.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Its always pleasant to see a high achieving TCD student plan to fail in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Denerick wrote: »
    Its always pleasant to see a high achieving TCD student plan to fail in advance.
    Why make it into a fucking debate? Why? Sick of this kind of shite on this forum recently

Jammyc wrote: »
    Why make it into a fucking debate? Why? Sick of this kind of shite on this forum recently

I'm sorry if I offended you. From now on I'll be the epitome of politeness. Have a nice evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

In fairness, it is bad to see someone 'preparing' for 'at least' one fail - college exams, for the most part, aren't too difficult to pass at least, with a relatively small amount of work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I know you are but what am I?

Jev/N wrote: »
    In fairness, it is bad to see someone 'preparing' for 'at least' one fail - college exams, for the most part, aren't too difficult to pass at least, with a relatively small amount of work...

The problem for me is its mostly programming which is something I'm finding very hard to get my head around. Unless it clicks in my head in the next few months, which it hasn't for the past few, realistically I'm probably gonna fail. I'm fine for most the other modules, its just the fúcking programming and computing. It's not really something you can just read over and understand easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

Jesus he's just planning for the worst, leave him be.

boblong wrote: »
    Jesus he's just planning for the worst, leave him be.

I know. Its great to see somebody plan to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 luigii

The problem for me is its mostly programming which is something I'm finding very hard to get my head around. Unless it clicks in my head in the next few months, which it hasn't for the past few, realistically I'm probably gonna fail. I'm fine for most the other modules, its just the fúcking programming and computing. It's not really something you can just read over and understand easily.

If you were in Vinny's programming module (I'm assuming you were), don't worry too much. We're getting a new lecturer this term who's supposed to be much better (hardly a huge achievement). Also, I thought all the B&C kids copied their programming and computing work off Comp. Sci. people anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Have you tried the PSC? Have you looked at a few different books to see if any of them take an approach you might find a little easier? I haven't come across anyone yet who couldn't make a good go at basic programming, although being "good" at it is a slightly different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

luigii wrote: »
    If you were in Vinny's programming module (I'm assuming you were), don't worry too much. We're getting a new lecturer this term who's supposed to be much better (hardly a huge achievement). Also, I thought all the B&C kids copied their programming and computing work off Comp. Sci. people anyway?

As someone who also found programming quite difficult, I wouldn't advise waiting around for a new lecturer to magically make you understand everything. College tends to be about doing things using your own inititiative. I'd recommend going to the PSC alright, also the book Vinny uses is quite helpful I think in that it's the entire course. If you start from the start, try to read it and understand the material and then do a few of the exercises from the end of each chapter, you shouldn't have too much of a problem passing.

I sat in that class last year without having a clue what was going on until I started to make an effort outside lectures. If you're not one of these people that instantly "get" programming, it's really what you need to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

anyone know when the exams are starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Elli-May wrote: »
    anyone know when the exams are starting?
    Start on Monday 26th April

Advertisement