Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no running water

Options
  • 07-01-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

there is no running water in my building in D8, is the same for you guys?
    i've just read this
    07/01/2010 - 13:55:21

Fingal County Council has warned homeowners and farmers in north Dublin to stop leaving taps running as reservoirs were rapidly draining.

It is believed people worried about frozen pipes have been leaving water to flow from taps to keep the cold at bay.

Fingal said water supplies from the Ballycoolen reservoir were critically low.

“If supplies in this reservoir remain at current low levels the council will have to reduce water pressure in all areas until water supply level returns to normal levels,” a spokeswoman said.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if you are in dublin 8 you should contact dublin city council water division

their details are:

For more information

Dublin City Council
    Water Services Division
    Marrowbone Lane
    Dublin 8

Tel: (01) 222 0600
    Fax: (01) 453 4849

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

I'm in D2. Think mine has stopped at some stage today.. just realised my hot water tank is empty :confused:

There's water coming from my cold water tap but I suspect thats just from the tank :/ Must check with neighbours tomorrow if they're the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only one person on my road doesn't have water. Doesn't seem to be D8 as a whole without water.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Quite a few burst mains due to the cold, so there will be local and general effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Water must have been turned off in Dublin 6 this evening. I doubt my pipes are frozen because we have had no problems with it until now and tonight has been the warmest night all year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I'm on the Ballybough end of Richmond Road and no water this morning. Can't see any leaks about the place so it doesn't look like a frozen pipe in the house. No neighbours about to ask about their water :/ Got a ton of water for brewing that's been eyed up for tea now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

The hubby works D 8.
    Hopefully he will get sent home for the afternoon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bart Roberts

Yea water is completely gone in work here. No toilets or anything. Better have D6 fixed by tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Duffer2

Water off in the Churchtown/Dundrum area, due on at the minute until 7pm but nothing currently coming out of the taps. Will apparently be on again between 7 and 9 tomorrow morning. First world country my arse.

Thanks for the warning to DLRCoCo, and the provision of a standpipe or similar.

Oh wait, we don't have either of those things... I had to go onto their website to find out they had decided to cut off one of the basic necessities of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

In Smithfield no water since Friday evening, called the Dublin City Council this morning and they told me that they have not liable, we just have to wait, even if it lasts one week or more.

It's a ridiculous answer, I have to buy water (and I'm not disabled or anything, but what if I couldn't buy it?), there was some water this morning and then they decided to cut it.

The minister says that people are consuming too much water, I would like to know these people, I don't think that there are many, I suspect that the water reserves are depleted because a thaw is coming and many pipes are burst or have leaks.

This does not make any sense, just a few degrees below zero and I don't have water in my house for *many* days; and I live in the city centre of the capital of Ireland, not in the middle of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Water supply just gone in Dublin 6W...anyone else?

Just looked up the SDCC webpage and they are giving warnings alright. Bring on the thaw and heavy rain tomorrow so!

http://www.sdcc.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Anyone else in the Rathgar area having problems??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

same situation here in Templeogue.

South Dublin County Council have a lot of fcuking answer for. No warning whatsoever was given and all the shops closeby have ran out of bottled water.

Regular updates are supposedly on http://www.sdcc.ie - regular my ass! Last update was at 6.30pm

Ridiculous!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Water has been off here in D6W since 11am. I'm trying to conserve what's left in the attic header tank as best I can.

I had low pressure yesterday which was so low that I had a minimal flow from the kitchen tap and zero flow to the header tank. The header tank drained leaving me without water throughout the rest of the house. I rang SDCC emergency number and they told me that there was a supply problem from the Belgard reservoir. Pressure returned overnight but as I stated above the supply has stopped since 11am this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Supermintyfresh

anyone have their water cut in the castleknock and coolmine area, i have milk and all that for drinking but cant use the toilet , i have to melt snow and pour it into the toilet to get a flush and all because some p***ks are running water 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

anyone have their water cut in the castleknock and coolmine area, i have milk and all that for drinking but cant use the toilet , i have to melt snow and pour it into the toilet to get a flush and all because some p***ks are running water 24/7

It sounds like you've the same problem I had yesterday - reduced pressure. There is insufficient pressure to drive water up to your storage tank in the attic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Zoodlebop

NO TEA!

sob:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

im in Meakstown, North Finglas and my water has been grand up until about 5 mins ago!

i filled the kettle and notice the smell from the steam when it was boiling. i poured the tea and it tastes so funny too.

the hot water tap smells ok, but the cold water tap is smelling bad. kinda bordering on a gas smell but not quite gas if you get my drift :confused:

Fingal County Council Area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jennybean21

in rathmines, dublin 6, only water in my cold tap in the kitchen since saturday night, no water in bathroom or shower or any hot water.... ahhhh when is the water going to be back?? so much for the big freeze affecting our water, its the stupid b***ards leaving their taps running all day!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Sorry

No water here in Rathmines, an utter disgrace. What a Mickey Mouse country this is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

kceire wrote: »
    im in Meakstown, North Finglas and my water has been grand up until about 5 mins ago!

i filled the kettle and notice the smell from the steam when it was boiling. i poured the tea and it tastes so funny too.

the hot water tap smells ok, but the cold water tap is smelling bad. kinda bordering on a gas smell but not quite gas if you get my drift :confused:

Fingal County Council Area.
    Yeh im living in finglas aswell, and my sister was like "taste that water to see if it tastes weird" i tasted it and was like :eek:, it tastes like s**t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Sorry

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Yeh im living in finglas aswell, and my sister was like "taste that water to see if it tastes weird" i tasted it and was like :eek:, it tastes like s**t.

Apparently Noel Ahern took a dump in the reservoir early today

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TCP/IP_King

Blackpitts wrote: »
    there is no running water in my building in D8, is the same for you guys?

Report your outage here ...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=103576889644122032492.00047ce5de0b0ac35f7d0

I don't know how much good this will do, but at least your helping to build up a picture.
    You need a google account to edit however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Water still out in Terenure. So much for hoping they'd turn it back on at least temporarily in the morning.

I have just rung Dublin Corporation (City council) for an update. They have reduced water pressure because of leaks and broken water mains, which has resulted in areas that usually have low water pressure anyway not getting water at all. They have no idea how long this will last, but there will be an announcement in the next hour or so regarding sending water tankers out to affected areas, so I was advised to keep an eye on their website or on the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

From breakingnews.ie
    12/01/2010 - 11:35:18
    Dublin City Council has shut water off in several parts of the city.

Finglas, Terenure, Cabra, Killester, Rathgar, Rathmines and parts of the North Circular Road are affected.

Tankers are available to help residents.

A spokeswoman could not say how long the supplies would be cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 tripper167

We've had no water since sometime early yesterday morning, we're in Santry. Hopefully it'll be back up and running soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

[FONT=&quot]water in phibsboro on and off erratically over the last few days…usually on in morning, off in evening…anybody have any info on how long that is to continue? a tad annoying to come home from work and have no water…dishes piling up in kitchen and all…luckily bathroom works from some tank and still has water and pipes in the house seem to be okay…otherwise i’d be really ****ed…[/FONT]

mad DIY wrote: »
    I have just rung Dublin Corporation (City council) for an update. They have reduced water pressure because of leaks and broken water mains, which has resulted in areas that usually have low water pressure anyway not getting water at all. They have no idea how long this will last, but there will be an announcement in the next hour or so regarding sending water tankers out to affected areas, so I was advised to keep an eye on their website or on the news.

Hmm, no mention as yet on their website about water tankers to the southside of the city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

So what are you supposed to do? Turn up with a bucket or something to these water tankers? I have nothing to put water in that would be enough to last over night.

Advertisement