Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no running water

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Hannanv2 wrote: »
    Hi,

I live in Finglas and haven't had a drop of water since Saturday morning! Haven't even been able to flush toilets since then.

Eveytime I call DCC, they quote the Lanesborugh estate and how it has emergency water etc and how tankers have been set up. I am not part of this estate (across the road) and yet I am getting no answer as to why this estate has water and we don't. Not a drop since Saturday.

Was round there last night filling up 12 bottles and the tanker disappeared before 7 (was supposed to stay longer according to website) so couldn't top up again. I was able to flush 2 toliets once with this water (none for washing, cooking, cleaning ect.) Absolute disgrace. I have family living in Lanesborough and they have been having water sporadically and yet are given emergency water tonight and 2 tankers set up in estate- yet 6 days without water and not as much as an explanation as to why we have no water.

I understand everyone is affected but it is lauded that the worst effected areas/estate are looked after and this is not happening. 6 days and not a drop yet estate using same suppy have water on and off.

Have contacted Fingal and DCC and to be honest it is the biggest waste of time ever-customer service is appaling - got email copied and pasted back to me and my mail was only read when I went on a rant, I presume. One liner sent back to me in extremely rude manner. Still no answers.

Anyone else waiting this long without a drop?

Same here. I live in Glasnevin, just beside Finglas and there's no water at all. It disappeared on Saturday. We had some water on Monday, but after several hours it's all gone. We're a family of five and it's NEARLY A WEEK. We were joking about public showers and now it's not a joke anymore. We actually need public showers.
    Seriously, that's not a funny anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

water seems back in phibsborough for now...but we've had that before...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

We've got enough pressure now to have one tap in the kitchen work again, but nothing to get up to the tank. No showers in this house yet... hopefully DCC and the other councils are working overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Water gone in Dublin 8, well a good few roads off Donore Ave.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Water gone around the Cork St/Tenters area of Dublin 8 also, all these water outages despite all the melted snow and deluges of water we got earlier in the week. What was DCC's contingency plan if the cold spell had actually continued for another week or two as the forecasters were promissing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Gone in Dublin 5 =[

ages now too.

its getting silly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Water in back in Hampton Wood in Finglas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm in Dublin 13 and we've been experiencing the same as everyone above, no water, or extremely little pressure since monday. I was advised not (for fear of blowing the boiler if the tank empites) to use the heating (GFCH) so haven't been doing so. Is there any way around this as have a young baby in the house and its really far from ideal.

Any reliable way to ensure there's enough water in your tank to fire the heating?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

SK1979 wrote: »
    Any reliable way to ensure there's enough water in your tank to fire the heating?

The people in this forum might know:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Your heating is fed from it own tank and is ok to use.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

water back in smithfield (I hope it stays this way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

none in harolds cross either, couldnt open up for work today

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Water's back in Glasnevin too. It's ok in the kitchen, but in the bathroom only hot water runs normally, cold water is without any pressure. I just took a shower :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

I was amazed yesterday to see a house with a garden fountain running! I had a trickle of water just a few doors down from it!
    I should have gone down and had my shower in it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

SK1979 wrote:
    Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm in Dublin 13 and we've been experiencing the same as everyone above, no water, or extremely little pressure since monday. I was advised not (for fear of blowing the boiler if the tank empites) to use the heating (GFCH) so haven't been doing so. Is there any way around this as have a young baby in the house and its really far from ideal.

Thanks.
    Switched from OFCH to GFCH a few years ago. THe OFCH system had its own filler tank where as the GFCH system worked off the main tank in the attic. Best bet is to go up into the attic and see if you have a smaller filler tanks up there or ask the person who installed the system for you if there is. If not you only need to make sure that the main tank has a good reserve in it to feed your GFCH system.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Water gone in Dublin 8, well a good few roads off Donore Ave.:mad:
    Water gone around the Cork St/Tenters area of Dublin 8 also, all these water outages despite all the melted snow and deluges of water we got earlier in the week. What was DCC's contingency plan if the cold spell had actually continued for another week or two as the forecasters were promissing?

Seems the water in the Tenters is being put on around 10am-11am and then being cut off between 8pm-9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Seems the water in the Tenters is being put on around 10am-11am and then being cut off between 8pm-9pm.
    I'm in D4, same for me :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's a 'mare at SCR (Leonard's Corner). Pops on for a couple of hours here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Same in D4. Water from 7 to 7 only. Low pressure but not too bad. Ok to use in the kitchen, not enough to make it to the tank.

Is this due to people leaving their taps open during the freeze?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

more importantly, how long is this all going to last?
    some of us just aren't around at those times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Same deal here. No accountability, responsibility, planning or structure to anything going on in DCC. They better have crews out overnight or there'll be murder (and rightly so).

No real information, time lines (which suggests no actual plan or idea what to do) or anything. Local councilor informed someone nearby that we can expect to be without water for 5 more days. We've had low pressure (1 tap operational) for 3 days, and this afternoon even that went so now we've nothing. Filling cisterns with distiller water from a large canister which is meant to be used for the car.

Some have brought this up as a humanitarian issue as families are without water for extended amounts of time.

Absolute disgrace

This is my eighth day without any water. I am living on Caple Street and it is a royal pain in the arse. No washing of anything.. How are we supposed to live. In the papers it is saying that this may continue for up to four months. Are they joking. If this was any other country in the world there would be protests outside the city council offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Lol, just after having a look at the Dublin city council website. It says there will be a tanker in Smithfield at the junction of Queen St and Manor St...which is odd...as these streets don't intersect at any point!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bill G

gzoladz wrote: »
    Same in D4. Water from 7 to 7 only. Low pressure but not too bad. Ok to use in the kitchen, not enough to make it to the tank.

Is this due to people leaving their taps open during the freeze?

The shortage due to "people leaving taps on" is a myth. I did a short (30 min) drive in south dublin on saturday, counted 3 major burst mains, where water was flowing visibly down the street. There must be hundreds of major leaks in the system at this point. The blame should rest squarely with the councils who installed these systems and who did not anticipate these (not unprecedented) freezes. God help us if we lived in an earthquake zone (ah sure, we haven't had a big one for years, no need to worry about it....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RTÉ Prime Time: David

I'm a producer with RTE's Prime Time and we are doing a piece on the ongoing water shortages in Ireland.

I'd like to get in touch with someone who has been experiencing mains water shortages for a prolonged period to possibly contribute to a package we will be filming this week.

Ideally we'd like to film in the home of a family that is finding the lack of water particularly distressful.

I can be contacted at watershortages@gmail.com or through the forum.

Thanks,

David Lawless

Producer/Director
    Prime Time
    RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

padair wrote: »
    This is my eighth day without any water. I am living on Caple Street and it is a royal pain in the arse. No washing of anything.. How are we supposed to live. In the papers it is saying that this may continue for up to four months. Are they joking. If this was any other country in the world there would be protests outside the city council offices.
    Same as, padair, I'm living just off Capel street too, no water for days...
    Have an exam tomorrow and all, now is not the best time for no fukcing showers D=

This is getting ridiculous, first the ice, now no water :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Had no water in D11 at 7.45 this morning, first day it has been totally out. Is there no system in place? Can they not advertise ahead of time, e.g. no water until 9am in x, y and z locations on these days, and so on. It's just pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Our water went last night (off Glasnevin Avenue) around 11pm. It's back today, albeit with slightly reduced water pressure. Very annoying. Don't know how people are managing for several days without water. Here's hoping this whole mess ends soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Water supply in Edenmore has been pretty bad in the last couple of days, our electric shower is on the blink now as a result. At least, I presume it due to low water pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

keano_afc wrote: »
    Water supply in Edenmore has been pretty bad in the last couple of days, our electric shower is on the blink now as a result. At least, I presume it due to low water pressure?

yeah its bad pressure where i am too.. not too far from edenmore!

melt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Anyone on the South Circular not getting water?Its been gone since last night at my house

Advertisement