Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Games?

• 07-01-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

I am a newbie xboxer! and need some game advice so far I have brought:

COD MW2
    Fifa 10
    Pure (free)
    Lego Man Batman (free)

any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

assassins creed 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Gears of War 1 & 2
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    GTA 4
    Burnout Paradise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Tiger Woods 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

A Few 360 live games in no order

Trails HD
    Battlefield 1942
    Peggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Batman Arkham Asylum
    GTA 4
    Saints Row 2
    Forza 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

You into RPGs?

Mass Effect (There'll be a sequel at the end of the month where you can continue on the story from the first one with the same character)
    Fallout 3
    Oblivion

Look em up on game sites you trust to see if they sound like your cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RyoHazuki9

Everything Pushtrak said plus Bioshock....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Well what genre most interests you?

Some of my favourite games:
    Gears of War 1&2
    Forza Motorsport 3
    Battlefield: Bad Company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kinda depends if you have a gaming spec PC as well as some games are just so much better on the PC.

For Xbox tho....
    Forza 3
    Halo 3 and Halo ODST
    Gears of War 1+2
    Resident Evil 5 - tho control system sucks balls imho
    Batman AA
    Force Unleashed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

RyoHazuki9 wrote: »
    Everything Pushtrak said plus Bioshock....
    Thank you, I give this a "Hell yes". Shouldn't have forgotten about that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I only bought my Xbox a few months back so stocked up on the few years worth of exclusives. I'd recommend Mass Effect and Fable II is pretty enjoyable if too and you should find both fairly cheap.

Left 4 Dead 2 is great if you're going to be playing online.

For something a bit different I found Banjo & Kazooie Nuts and Bolts to be pretty fun. Crackdown is fairly basic but fun. I've a love/hate relationship with Dead Rising. I'd pick up Shadow Complex on the Xbox Live Arcade too.

You should be able to find all the above fairly cheap, except for Left 4 Dead 2, 'cause that's not out long.

You can get Borderlands and Batman Arkham Asylum for €20 each over on www.thehut.com I've just rebought Batman AA for the Xbox so I can play through it all over again. Borderlands is much more fun playing with other people, but still fun single player. Xtra-vision have a good sale on at the moment. I picked up Red Faction: Guerilla for €20.

Lol that's way to many choices, they're just some of the games I've picked up recently. I bought a load of games pre-owned and on sale when I first got my Xbox. My buddy picked up Dead Space for a €10 the other day somewhere, so there's some really good older games around for dirt cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

It depends what genres you're into. I'll underline my favourites.

Racing: Forza 3, Burnout, Sega Rally,PGR4

Fighting: Street fighter IV,Tekken 6, Soul Calibur 4,Virtua fighter 5,Dead or alive 4

FPS: Any Call of Duty game, Halo 3, Gears of war, Bioshock

Platform/Adventure: Ninja Gaiden 2,Prince of Persia,Resident Evil, Devil May Cry 4.Batman AA, Sonics ultimate Mega drive collection

Japanese RPGs; Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vespaisia, Star Ocean IV Eternal Sonata

Western RPGS: Oblivion,Fallout 3, Dragon age

Sports: Virtua Tennis,Fifa, Pes,Fight night

Advertisement