Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live/Mobile Broadband Practicality?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Just discovered that you can use a mobile broadband dongle to use Xbox Live so I'm currently setting it up. People seem to use it quite normally from what I've read. Surely it EATS your usage, though? Anybody tried before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

it works fine for me with live/PSN, and tbh it doesnt really seem to use that much data. A few MB's for about an hour or so of playing halo 3 on live was about the average. ping isnt great, but still playable most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Yeah, it works grand for Gears Of War. An odd bit of lag, but my connection was dreadful lastnight. Great today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 duff11111

works for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 16 GenerationObese

lads,

how do i use 3 mobile broadband to connect to xbox live. tried through my laptop but i cant get anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Test the connectivity first, i hate GFWL, cant get it to work no matter what i do.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/tools/igd/default.mspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

lads,

how do i use 3 mobile broadband to connect to xbox live. tried through my laptop but i cant get anywhere?
    I tried for ages on my vista laptop and was getting no where. First attempt on my xp desktop and away i go.
    Google will be your friend for that. There are also a few handy youtube videos.

Advertisement