Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting Threads On Boards.ie

• 07-01-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Ok, this is probably the most stupid question on this whole website but when you are on the homepage how do you start a new thread from there? The way I'm doing it now is really long and awkward and it just takes forever! And how do you look at threads you have taken part in? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It's very quick to go into the relevant sub forum via the menu on top. I don't understand why this is such a problem. Threads are related to the category so I don't see how you would create one from the homepage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 misskerrie09

Oh thanks, my computer screen was on the wrong setting so it was blocking out the top of the page, but how do you look at the threads you'vr already taken part in?

By default you get subscribed to a thread when you reply so you receive email when a new reply comes. It contains a direct link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 misskerrie09

ok thanks again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Webmonkey wrote: »
    By default you get subscribed to a thread when you reply

Is that true? That would do my noodle in.

OP: There's a newbies and FAQ forum here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Khannie wrote: »

OP: There's a newbies and FAQ forum here.

thats defo not the default! my inbox is a nightmare already but if I got a mail about every reply on a thread id posted on id just give up :D

Thought it was. I do get a lot of email from boards.ie. Searched gmail for boards.ie, result 1 - 20 of thousands.... (I've 26000 emails in gmail and I can safely say 80% of them are from boards.ie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

And how do you look at threads you have taken part in? :confused:

Just click on the "User CP" (top left of toolbar) & click on the "List Subscriptions" near the bottom of the lefthand side (under Subscribed Threads heading).

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

That's the way it was for me when I signed up. I've left it on and I just unsubscribe from threads after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

That's the way it was for me when I signed up. I've left it on and I just unsubscribe from threads after a while.

Disaster!

• Advertisement

Disaster!
    I think it's the same on other forums as well. At least in PhpBB it used to be that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You can easily subscribe to threads and not have any notification emailed at all. That way they just come up in your subscribed thread list for later easy retrieval. I manually subscribe to threads so I've subscribed to about five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Disaster!
    An inconvenience surely. Unless you want to aggravate people in conversations. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

or................ click on your username at top right, and then statistics, and way ya go..... no annoying emails:D

Advertisement