Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy negative head pumps?

• 07-01-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

I have to replace a negative head pump in my apartment. It is a Stuart Monsoon type and I want to source the same pump again as I have been told that it is a quality model. I am in the midlands and none of the local builders merchants seem to stock this type of pump.

I know Modern Plant are the agents for this pump but they are wholesale only. Would anyone be able to point me towards a supplier close to Longford?.....and any ideas of the price?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They are called monsoon now. Heat merchants in longford should have one, or they would get one for you in a day.

People order them online also from the Uk to save a few bucks. Neg head pumps aint cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Modern plant will tell you the nearest seller. Bar that you will actually buy one on ebay cheaper than in ireland. But you will have no warrenty.

But that said by all accounts no one has ever had trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 17 barndancer

Thanks for the pointers and I check this in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

But that said by all accounts no one has ever had trouble

You mean with bringing pumps to modern plant with a problem that have come from the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Davy's right.
    Used to work in heatmerchants and the best value neg head pump they had while i was there was the Monsoon M330N. Cant remember how much exactly it used to cost but id take a stab in the dark at around €400/450.
    Will come with warranty but shouldn't give you any trouble, we used to shift shedloads of them and only had 2 or 3 back in the 3 years i was there.
    And IF you happen to run into trouble with it in the future Hm are spot on when it comes to returns,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Davy wrote: »
    You mean with bringing pumps to modern plant with a problem that have come from the uk?

No i did not. Modern plant will not stand over any pump it did not sell. I ment in general i have seen a lot of imports and non have had trouble.

Advertisement