Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny to Waterford commute

Options
  • 07-01-2010 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi all. Am back to work in Waterford next week and was wondering what the road has been like between Kilkenny and Waterford in the past couple of days. Is the road being treated and is the treatment working ?

Would appreciate if this weeks commuters would share their experience with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Did that journey last night, not bad. Met several gritters. Conditions very good from mullinavat to waterford.

Did Carlow to kilkenny at ten miles per hour most of the way due to horrific conditions.

I'll keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

its supposed to be fine I believe, as always, take it handy and keep a good distance from the car infront!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

It's slow going, but it's all passable with care along the main N9/N10 road. Keep away from back roads at all costs. I know of a guy whose car is now stuck in a field because he couldn't get it up a hill on a back road or back down. Sideways was the only way he could go so as to leave the way clear for tractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Train is always an option if you are stuck too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fricatus wrote: »
    It's slow going, but it's all passable with care along the main N9/N10 road. Keep away from back roads at all costs.

I drive the backroads every day to Waterford...not a bother :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭littletiger

Not too bad today. Around Mullinavat wasn't great but ok other than that

Advertisement