Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what nappies?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

kids are going through some things
    need one for the 15-17 age group
    thats about a 26 inch waist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You'd need to look at adult incontinence nappies for that age. Depends is a good brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Hi try here, http://www.murrays.ie/contact.html their very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maryjane234

have you used depends silja?

any i can just buy in a shop like tesco or superquinn

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Super valu sells them,I think huggies were the brand.

have you used depends silja?

any i can just buy in a shop like tesco or superquinn

Not personally, but I have elderly relatives who have.

• Advertisement

on the verge, have you used murrays.ie

any other tips?

Is it an overnight issue or all day? Are the kids mentally and physically able (ie could they change their own bedding etc)? If it is mostly overnight, you could look into matress covers. You can get these for toddler beds but they'll work for teens too as you just put the pad between the matress and fitted sheet, or (more expensive) buy a larger maternity matress pads, which is originally designed for pregnant women who are afraid their waters will break overnight, but would work in this situation too.

Get the kids to drink less in the evening last 4 horus before bed; remind them to go to the bathroom regularly so their bladder never gets too full, especially before bed, before going out etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭mcyclist

You give very little details so it is hard to advise. But before answering your exact question, I assume this problem has only recently manifested itself. There are many causes of incontinence, some of which aresecondary to other conditions, and for that reason it is important to refer the child in question to a GP.

Nappies for adults can be purchased from a number of pharmacies. Murrays hasbeen mentioned already but you could ask at almost any pharmacy. Supermarkets generally do not sell nappies in adut size.

The commonest nappy in Ireland seems to be Tena or Molicare. In my experience both are excellent. Small size would cover 26 inch waist.

This advice might not be relevent depending on the nature oft he problem. You will need to be more specific to get better advice. And get the child to a medical professional to check out the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭jackell

I had to get huggies 'Dry nights' age 4-7 for my 5 and half yr old as he started pooing on himself .brought him to Beacon clinic,found out he is bowel incontinence and has 3 kidneys!(belive it or not) so he b in them for while,till he comes off medication.but you can get the huggies dry night up to the age of 8yr to 15 yr,they tell u on side wot weight they do up to. Possibly may go doc and get refered if on goin problem,ask your public health nurse or chemist
    here link to drynights webpage www.drynites.co.uk

Hope of some help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement