Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 in 2009 - Discussion.

• 07-01-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

A place to discuss the PS3 in 2009, and what it meant for you (apart from f**king fingerprints.... how do you put up with them? Damn you Sony and your shiny, but oh so quiet fingerprint magnet).

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,672 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just bought the PS3 when the Slim was released, but must say as far as exclusives go it was far above the 360 this year! Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls were simply superb, two of the best games in many years. PSN is definitely starting to compete with XBox Live - Critter Crunch, Flower and Trine are three I'm really enjoying (and still mean to play the Pixeljunk series). I'll still go for multiplatform releases on 360, but overall I think a PS3 purchase this year was definitely worth it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,753 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can play persona 4 on my 60Gb model, is it elligible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I think it's been a great year for the ps3, what with the price cut and excellent exclusives. Particularly with a ps3 exclusive picking up a lot of game of the year awards (Uncharted 2).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,753 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is there any doubt what will win Action/Adventure? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

PS3 Slim was the highlight of 2009 for me (still haven't got one though :D), and exclusive-wise it was a country mile ahead of the 360. Good year overall and can't wait for 2010, so many good games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

My third year as a PS3 owner... its the first time I look back and think that there were better games on the PS3 than the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Same here, had one since launch and its long time since i was buying every PS3 games for the sake of getting a game for the PS3. It's practically impossible now to get and play all games. It's been a good year for exclusives and Demons Souls i'm speechless when it comes to that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can play persona 4 on my 60Gb model, is it elligible?

Have you an NTSC version of P4 for your NTSC PS3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

noodler wrote: »
    Have you an NTSC version of P4 for your NTSC PS3?
    That's cruel. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭noodler

GothPunk wrote: »
    That's cruel. :pac:

Oh no wait, I forgot Retr0 has a special PS2. I would love one of them to compare loading times.

Honest mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Ha, I thought you were trying to get his nomination nullified. It would have been Florida '04 all over again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement