Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's a forecast: Gormley gets shafted again

Options
  • 07-01-2010 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Anyone spot the timing of getting the Dept of Environment to co-ordinate the National response to the weather, with predictions on Sky and in the UK that we'll get a major snow event on Sunday? I think the idea is, if it's gonna happen, you might as well sell off the responsibility asap. A bit like selling off toxic assets. If FF has learned anything from soft landings, it's that you sell off the assets before they nosedive.

So we are running out of salt and grit? Why they didn't ask Tom Parlon of the Construction Federation to supply grit For Free, since the taxpayer probably already owns it, I don't know. Could the price be the health and safety issue?

Is Dempsey holidaying somewhere warm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Gormley is a fool to let himself be the fall guy but he deserves everything that he gets as do the Greens for continuing to prop the FF crooks in Govt. You can expect the other two usual front men fall guys (Dan Boyle and Martin Mansergh wheeled out to face the media over the coming days. Groucho Marx aka Willie O'Dea has also been out today to muddy the waters further as his head is so far up his arse that he spreads confusion wherever he goes and RTE lap it up. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Moved from Green Issues - might be a repeat thread though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Coalition Government was the best thing to happen to Fianna Fail since the 30s. It allows them to fob off their failures on the junior partner, then come election time their canvassing is based almost solely on blaming their failures of the past years on the junior partner, and telling the voter how much better thigns would be if FF were in on their own. Tbh at this stage I think FF would never want to be a majority government again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Gormley putting himself forward tonight as the Minister for Snow was the most stupidly naive thing I've seen from a politician in a long time. There's nothing he can do in the short term, so he will end up taking all of the blame. What was he thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Here's a crazy thought- maybe he could actually do something and pick up the credit-

call out the army for example?

Take sand from the beaches if we're low on grit.

Pick up the phone and call the corporations and tell them that waiting till 3 am to grit the roads is unacceptable and he wants everyone on overtime during this national emergency and to grit them twice a day and the footpaths while they are at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Pick up the phone and call the corporations and tell them that waiting till 3 am to grit the roads is unacceptable and he wants everyone on overtime during this national emergency and to grit them twice a day and the footpaths while they are at it

Mr Incognito...Are you frugging Jokin or wha???

I can imagine Mr Gormley will say that Hell will freeze over (Increasingly likely) before he`ll fund ANY overtime in order to address this little problem.......Overtime...jeez..where did you get that idea from ???? :cool:

"In the absense of a plan it`s best to follow traditional practice and do nothing,then nobody can accuse you of doing anything"....Thats my take on the O`Dea/Gormley media excursion on Thursday...and very nice suits they wear too....;) ;);)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

has any one considered using the dandruff from will o deas coat shoulders theres enough of it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

That's a nifty idea, it should have a high salt content too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

RedPlanet wrote: »
    That's a nifty idea, it should have a high salt content too.
    What about the poor crabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

digme wrote: »
    What about the poor crabs?

Blue cream and the comb should sort you out.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Today's Mail on Sunday have caught him on the hop: He said to Miriam O'Callaghan on Thursday that the NRA had been involved in Salt procurement since Tuesday, which wasn't true. The NRA only became involved hours before the programme. Shane McEntee TD called him out on it - what a joke of a minister. I'm not sure if the lying or the general smugness is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Here's a crazy thought- maybe he could actually do something and pick up the credit-

call out the army for example?

Hear Hear my friend.

All you are asking them to do is their jobs, not perform [EMAIL="f@@king"]f@@king[/EMAIL] miracles.

Great post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosette

Gormley is a fool to let himself be the fall guy but he deserves everything that he gets as do the Greens for continuing to prop the FF crooks in Govt. You can expect the other two usual front men fall guys (Dan Boyle and Martin Mansergh wheeled out to face the media over the coming days. Groucho Marx aka Willie O'Dea has also been out today to muddy the waters further as his head is so far up his arse that he spreads confusion wherever he goes and RTE lap it up. :D
    You know, the real people who prop up the FF govt, crooks and all, are de People, de ones who loved Bertie (and turned up to his book signings). Fall guys are a media creation too, one of perception. I have some problems with the way Prime Time has approached the Green Party. But how about this: the Greens 'prop up the FF crooks' but there is scant criticism of Liam Lawlor, for example, or any of the others, including the great Finian McGrath, for getting good roads in their own back yards at the expense of other regions. No hypocrisy by them, eh, instead, fair play to them! When Sharon Cummins was released in the Sudan, no ransom was paid. Instead, investment was made locally, including in roads and other infrastructure. Familiar? What's corrupt in the Sudan is Fair Play here, like Alice in the looking glass. 'Giving up is good' sounds like someone's BS to me.
    Apologies for not replying sooner; this online world is a wearysome place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I wonder has gormley left his prius into toyota yet ?

We might be rid of them yet :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosette

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I wonder has gormley left his prius into toyota yet ?

We might be rid of them yet :pac:
    Back to normal service then, you get into politics because your fahder's in it or a job in RTE coz it's been in the family for two generations.
    Yah know what, since Gormley's been in power, Toyota's had that problem, Ford and GM almost went bust and Obama had to bail them out and Bill Cullen had to ground his helicopter. I must call Jim Corr if you haven't done so already.

Advertisement