Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelscoil in Bray

• 07-01-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My son is 2 & half. I put his name down with Gaelscoil Ui Cheadaigh in Bray and Gaelscoil na gCloch Liath in Greystones before he was 1. I'm not originally from this part of country so know nothing about schools in the area and hadn't realised there were 2 gaelscoils in Bray, so haven't got his name down with Scoil Chualann.

Anyway, I was onto Gaelscoil na gCloch Liath today- there is next to no hope of him getting a place frown.gif This school is closer to us so was my preference.

I then contacted Gaelscoil Ui Cheadaigh- I will have no problem getting a place for my son with them, both Naionra and Gaelscoil.

Anyone got any feedback, opinions on Gaelscoil Ui Cheadaigh??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

If I was to choose between the two I would go for Scoil Chualann. Gealscoil u Cheadaigh had a few problems this year with teachers. Not enough pupils so they lost funding for teachers and were 2 short. This means some teachers now have to teach both junior and senior infants in the same class. If they get the numbers they won't have this problem but its not something I would be happy with as it stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Why can't you get a place in Gaelscoil na gCloch Liath if it's nearer to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lorlei

Demand is huge apparently. The number of siblings being offered places first that year will be quite high. The person I spoke to was pretty clear that I should in no way reply on getting a place for him there. I was completely deflated after the conversation. I'm leaving his name with them but need to have something else lined up in case.

Advertisement