Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardfield National School (outside Clonakilty)

Options
  • 07-01-2010 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Anyone know anything about Ardfield National School? It is located about 3 miles outside Clonakilty and Sam Maguire and Michael Collins attended it.

I am possibly moving to this area and need a good local national school for my kids and the only thing I can find on line about the school is an article talking about how it needs serious renovations but this was written back in 2002 so all might be ok now.

The village and location is amazing but the quality of the school is very important to me.

Anyone here attend that school or know anything about it? Seems like it has a lot of history and a shame to think it has been neglected.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Hello there, my girlfriend is from the area and says the school has a good reputation as does the other local school of rathbarry. Ardfield has 70 - 80 kids with 3 class teachers plus learing support teachers while rathbarry has around 30 pupils with two teachers. Both would be involved in community activities from gaa to music. Not sure about renovations but it was somewhat improved in recent times. Both have young vibrant staff with good reputations. Apparently local secondary schools would hold pupils coming from either school in high regard. Other schools in the wider area include rosscarbery, lisavard and clonakilty.
    Im in the aea often enough and if you have any questions fire ahead. It is beautifull all round. My fave parts would be the galley head and longstrand near rathbarry village and dunnycove near ardfield.

Advertisement