Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Ok so...we could see 6 inches of snow (on top of what is already around) by Monday, and we will have completely run out of grit by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

Why, because your earnings from back-street promiscuity are affected?
    Post of the day!!! excellent:D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Guys, apologies for off-topic here, but just have a look at the message posted at 11:22 here:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0108/live_weather_transport_updates.html
    11.22am If you must venture out today, be sure to wrap up warm just as our Environment Correspondent Paul Cunningham did last night.

PMSL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Why, because your earnings from back-street promiscuity are affected?

I don't get it. Are we missing something? Private joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Ally Dick wrote: »
    You people are all sick in the head. This is a crisis, not a celebration

Come in and join us! Welcome to the neverending party that is Irish weather....;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

How Granualar is the salt/grit
    Would it get through the spinners on a fertilizer/lime spreader

s73_14%20SPREADER.jpg

Something like this
    They sitting up in farmers yards all over the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I would say it will fall as rain along the southeast coast

Ah you are kiddin me?? AGAIN Waterford will miss out. I'm moving house. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Guys, apologies for off-topic here, but just have a look at the message posted at 11:22 here:

PMSL!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=101436&stc=1&d=1262900381

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

compsys wrote: »
    I don't get it. Are we missing something? Private joke?

Look at his username....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Ally Dick wrote: »
    You people are all sick in the head. This is a crisis, not a celebration

Sorry Doctor Phil, they made me do it... the snow monsters were talking to me telling me what to do. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

the postman from donegal who predicted this cold weather said on radio kerry this morning,that it'll last to the end of jan:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

PMSL!!!

As my daughter pointed out this morning, it looks like the sorting hat from Hogwarts.....''and you shall go to.....Gryffindor!!'' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 wertyl

You were still pretty rude... where you from? (I can ask as I'm not Irish either :D)

Why am I rude? I am just airing a few thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

PMSL!!!

Yea, I remember commenting on the hat last night. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

networks wrote: »
    the postman from donegal who predicted this cold weather said on radio kerry this morning,that it'll last to the end of jan:cool:

what...the delivery of my post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Is their any chance of more snow for Dublin today? If so, when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

wertyl wrote: »
    Why am I rude? I am just airing a few thoughts.

If you don't even know that you're being rude, then there's nothing left to say. Re-read your posts, they are full of ill-wit and are condescending.

Trotter wrote: »
    Ah you are kiddin me?? AGAIN Waterford will miss out. I'm moving house. :mad:

Hang on now, WC said

"I would say it will fall as rain along the southeast coast and up the east coast only during later on Sunday though"

So what he is saying is that it might turn to rain on the SE coast (wexford, wicklow?) only late on Sunday, this would be after possible snow on Saturday and all day Sunday.

Could still all end up as rain though, but don't panic yet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I don't understand how councils were running out of grit. There were numerous quarries/concrete companies ringing up Liveline yesterday to say they had plenty of grit to offer to the councils...one quarry in Oldcastle was even giving the grit away for free if the local councils could collect it themselves. So what's the problem? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

WTF - I just woke up.. another 2-3 cm down - what happened ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Wrong consistency maybe
    Stuff needs to be small enough to be carried away with melting snow and not clog up stormwater drains?/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

hi

the roads are white up by me, but it hasnt been snowing, i was checking all night. the only conclusion i've come up with, is that it's a build up of frost, is that possible??

living on the north of cork city

jenzz wrote: »
    WTF - I just woke up.. another 2-3 cm down - what happened ?

A few surprise showers popped up around 9am.

Oh, and read this :

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eastie

Hang on now, WC said

"I would say it will fall as rain along the southeast coast and up the east coast only during later on Sunday though"

So what he is saying is that it might turn to rain on the SE coast (wexford, wicklow?) only late on Sunday, this would be after possible snow on Saturday and all day Sunday.

Could still all end up as rain though, but don't panic yet. ;)
    WTF?? How can it end up as rain if its below zero when its raining??

Fecken Dublin gets everything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    hi

the roads are white up by me, but it hasnt been snowing, i was checking all night. the only conclusion i've come up with, is that it's a build up of frost, is that possible??

living on the north of cork city

Yep...it is freezing fog all over the roads and trees in parts of cork city...not snow. I was out in it at 6.30 this morning and you could see the ice particles in the fog falling to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

I don't understand how councils were running out of grit. There were numerous quarries/concrete companies ringing up Liveline yesterday to say they had plenty of grit to offer to the councils...one quarry in Oldcastle was even giving the grit away for free if the local councils could collect it themselves. So what's the problem? :confused:

Is it grit or salt that they're short of? I presume we have to import salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Conflicting reports on the weather sites about the forecast for today/tomorrow.

I'm flying out at 7am from Dublin airport for a holiday. What is the feeling about snowfalls in the next 24 hours and what do you guys think about disruption? I'm very stressed about it :o

Delays I don't mind but the blanket cancellations as seen recently would be very upsetting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

10.35am Cork County Council's levels of rock salt have been described as critical and they are concerned about Sunday's weather forecast for snow

concerned they should be alright...this is getting bad alright even before its supposed to have begun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

That sun could wipe away a weeks good work:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    what...the delivery of my post?
    maybe no post 4 sure,birdees wont walk on the roads soon lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement