Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Comments

wertyl wrote: »
    But I am here a loooong time and I am paying tax (and a whole lot indeed), so I think I am entitled to an opinion. And even to think that Ireland at the moment is a rather ill-managed (hole). I should never have mentioned I am from anywhere else though....that sparked off xenophobia and comments such as "go back home" and and lenghty analysis of my personality, motives, and future prospects. (not everyone in here is sane).
    All I originally wanted was to talk about the management of the weather here, because I am quite excited about experiencing winter here, and at the same time appalled with the management of same, seen in comparison to other countries where this is normal and much more pronounced.
    End comment: Enjoy the event (might not happen for another 30 years), but take care, drive/walk safely :-)

I'd happily say what I said behind my keyboard to you personally. If you're not happy, not entitled to vote, you probably should go home.

You've annoyed enough people here anyway.

Bring on the snow !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

CianRyan wrote: »
    Do ME record their temps up in Glasnevin?

Strangely, no. (at least not that I can see from their site)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

There is no cold water coming out from the cold water tap. Does that mean that the pipes have frozen or does it mean something else? Is there anything I can do? I'm in the house on my own.

the pipes could be frozen or you may have an air lock,

if you ask for advise in DIY forum they will sort it for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Lashing snow here in Ballytempleroche.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely. You can see the effect of streamers with lines of snow (NE to SW) inland.

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Where's that, google doesn't even throw a single result on Ballytempleroche?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

is there a bitching and bickering forum here where we could send those two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Where's that, google doesn't even throw a single result on Ballytempleroche?

haha just did the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 wertyl

I'd happily say what I said behind my keyboard to you personally. If you're not happy, not entitled to vote, you probably should go home.

You've annoyed enough people here anyway.

Bring on the snow !!!

I said end comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

paddybar wrote: »
    is there a bitching and bickering forum here where we cold send those two?

Its an entrepreneur fight!

Where's Harry Hill when you need him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

paddybar wrote: »
    is there a bitching and bickering forum here where we cold send those two?
    Hahahaha

Ah, I love apt typos.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Reasonable thaw on here of any of the lying ice.

Lots of water on the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

CianRyan wrote: »
    Hahahaha

Ah, I love apt typos.:rolleyes:
    feckin fingers and brain are numb from the cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

My question is..Will Corky get a bit of snow this time around or will it just stay in East and Southeast???Hope iot gets to you, no joke as kids especially love it.
    We are getting sick of it at this stage in the East, especialy Dublin and Wickla....2 weeks have passed and I still cannot see the ground proper!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

-3c here. Not seen temps like this at 1pm before.

Beautifully sunny. Everything is white from frost and lying snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

listening to the radio forecast just there, she said 5- 10 cm are possible in the east between Sunday and Monday. The west and northwest would escape with just passing snow showers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 wertyl

nusername wrote: »
    We don't care, take it to after hours :rolleyes:

You seem to care enough to reply to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Will you two just share numbers and meet each other at the popes cross and just get it on :P:D

ps: It's not 0 in Blanchardstown. It's -2.5 in ballycoolin and -3.5 near the aquatic centre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Give it a rest.

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

guys please please stop with the bickering it is so annoying this is a weather forum so please stop i am wasting time looking at replys i wont to know about snow and not all your snide remarks ENOUGH

Please stop

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

listening to the radio forecast just there, she said 5- 10 cm are possible in the east between Sunday and Monday. The west and northwest would escape with just passing snow showers

Ah Nacho, escape wouldn't be the right word.... cheated perhaps...lol:D sigh still waiting for proper snowman snow.... its like the perfect man, often talked about rarely spotted....lololol:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

So typical Irish not to be able to handle anything at all and looking negatively at everything, instead of just sorting it out - a puny bit of snow and a few minus degrees and the whole country is in chaos.

Downright rude and condecending toyour host country. I too have lived abroad and would never have dreamed off insulting the people of my host country like you did.
    Where I am from we get this EVERY year and much colder -15 during the DAY, and up to 1 meter of snow - yes, the roads are icy there too and not everywhere gets gritted, but people still drive (slooowly, mind) and the whole country does not shut down.

Well aren't you just great. Where should we send the medal?

Well, where I come from does not get this every year and no, we are not used to handling or driving in these conditions.

Apologies if this is bothering you.
    This is just winter - not adverse weather. And I think it is great

Tell that to my 60 year mother who cracked her head on the pavement and spent 12 hours waiting in Blanchardstown A and E with concussion.

In general though, I love the snow but please accept this is Ireland and not your country. You are used to this, we are not.

No need to insult your host country like that.

Sorry folks for commenting on that here but that kind of behaviour bugs me.

Back on topic. I have to say (accidents to family members aside), I am loving this weather. It really brings oput the inner child in you. There is nothing quite like walking on fresh snow. Bring it on for Sunday/Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Holy hell in a hand basket i've never seen flakes this size. Almost the size of a Sony Ericsson charger.

On a happeir note ...) its a beautiful white frosty sunny day.

Wolfire, how are your wife and new baby doing ? Hope you all are well.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

right ill be back in a couple of hrs when it returns to the cold spell thread,

enough posters have complained but it seems like nothing is getting done (I hope this is on time)

Found this today. Its a bit of fun really thats all people :):D:D
    About the severe weather parts of the world are having.

http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/norway-time-hole-leak-plunges-northern-hemisphere-into-chaos/

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Hey,

Just to say there's no cold water in a lot of our area in Dun Laoghaire. Plumbers think 'the mains' is frozen, not individual taps (though that could happen too). Say there's nothing we can do expect sit back and wait. They also said not to run the hot tap for a long time as it empties the water tank and creates air pockets which are bad apparently.

Also the area lost power this morning at 5:30AM for about 2 hours. Not sure if related to all of this weather stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I just did a Google of Ballytempleroche to see where it is, and the only entry it returns is this thread???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Holy hell in a hand basket i've never seen flakes this size. Almost the size of a Sony Ericsson charger.

That's a very odd object to compare the size of a snowflake to! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Are you making up the place name?, not one google hit bar your posts here!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement