Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

owenc wrote: »
    are you serious the sun disapered over the horizon here 40 minutes ago isnt it only ment to be a couple of minutes between north-south:confused::confused:

There is a difference of about 40 minutes between me and london! Sun rises early there and sets later here. Im nearly 10 degrees west from london. The further NW you go the greater the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

yea were did you get this from im searching all the irish news channels and i cannot find anything probably a joke......:rolleyes:

Matt cooper on today fm has said that there is a statement due, and that this is unconfirmed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

snaps wrote: »
    There is a difference of about 40 minutes between me and london! Sun rises early there and sets later here. Im nearly 10 degrees west from london. The further NW you go the greater the difference.

what time did the sun go down at your place?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I wonder what kind of temperatures would have been recorded in Villains location during the great winters of '47, '63 or '82.
    All eyes on his station tonight for sure, hope the batteries dont run out!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

Just checked rte news online and it does say schools will remain closed till thursday the 14th ...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭snowfinch

I have seen the Batt O'Keefe announcement put up/taken down/put up again on the RTE website under the 'Live Weather & Transport Feeds' link.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Johnny1999 wrote: »
    Matt cooper on today fm has said that there is a statement due, and that this is unconfirmed.

It's on Rte.ie now as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Would people please bookmark:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0108/live_weather_transport_updates.html

Saves duplication of info everywhere and the same thing being posted numerous times.

RTE are updating fairly regularly.

ugh that dost include us maybe they will close our schools when they see that SCOTLAND,ENGLAND,WALES and now down south have their schools all shut ugh !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wow - an extra week off school* - as per 1982.

There is a lot resting on Met E shoulders now! If the snow does not come can you imagine what the Joe Duffy show will be like next week!

-3.9c

* not for me - I was in school in 1982.

ugh that dost include us maybe they will close our schools when they see that SCOTLAND,ENGLAND,WALES and now down south have their schools all shut ugh !

[gets coat]

Well had ye bothered to come back to us.... :p:p

[/gets coat]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

no of course it doesn't include you! how could it?! Caitríona Ruane you should get onto - i'm sure she'd follow what the south does though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

why has he closed the schools for so long. Is it because of the grit situation and he's conceding that roads will be untreated until at least then?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

you know how you lot are nearly out of salt, and cant get any more,

But the isle of man is ment to be getting a boat load from ireland in week to 10 days,
    i would think its coming from belfast,

Just seams odd that we can get salt but you lot cant. unless we stole it from the mine and paid 3 times more for it:D

[gets coat]

Well had ye bothered to come back to us.... :p:p

[/gets coat]

whatever you want to say you do not know what the uk government is like so cannot say anything.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Johnny1999 wrote: »

Also just announced on Newstalk

clown bag wrote: »
    why has he closed the schools for so long. Is it because of the grit situation and he's conceding that roads will be untreated until at least then?

it must be. can you imagine if this precipitation stayed south of us or missed us completely? met eireann would be under scrutiny.

whatever you want to say you do not know what the uk government is like so cannot say anything.......

It was a joke...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

clown bag wrote: »
    why has he closed the schools for so long

So kids in Cork can enjoy the fine weather and go the beach. :D

-4.0c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

it must be. can you imagine if this precipitation stayed south of us or missed us completely? met eireann would be under scrutiny.

yeah, they must be pretty certain. very strange to see them call it from even a few days ago.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    So kids in Cork can enjoy the fine weather and go the beach. :D

yeah he is looking after all those future young cork voters! good to see a cork man showing a bit of leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

sorry if this sound's rude,this is a weather forum!!!!!

im sick of scrolling threw page's of pavement's,school's,road's,running out of grit,the government are at fault bla bla bla.

can there not be a thread about all that and one for the "WEATHER"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

freezing fod had been lingering for the past while here but in 20 minutes it has become very thick.poor visability id imagine on the M4 here at the minute.

It was a joke...

whatever you mean't it or else you wouldn't of said it i hate the way people say mean things then say they were only joking but it dosn't matter now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

he should tell the teachers that they can make up the week in june as they will have missed a week now whiel the rest of the country works,

now that will get them going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BigMonsterLove

Is it time to march on the Saxa factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

jambofc wrote: »

im sick of scrolling threw page's of pavement's,school's,road's,running out of grit,the government are at fault bla bla bla.

Thank god someone said it, Mods please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

yea were did you get this from im searching all the irish news channels and i cannot find anything probably a joke......:rolleyes:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0108/live_weather_transport_updates.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

jambofc wrote: »

Surely all these things are related to the WEATHER conditions we are currently experiencing ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement