Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Is it time to march on the Saxa factory?

They're probably wondering why their delivery of salt got hijacked in Limerick...

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Well a gorgeous day here by the sea in D3

Im off home to Naas now to see my lovely snow that I last saw too may hours ago !

My plan for tonight:

1. Tuck into the snow beer supply

2. Watch Inglorious Bastards (additional beers)

3. More snow beers

4. Watch Hurt Locker (additional beers)

5. Drunkenly think the blizzard has hit early

6. Fall over

:D

Later all !

Hurt Locker will DEFINITELY make you forget about SNOW... plus it's damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

jambofc wrote: »
    sorry if this sound's rude,this is a weather forum!!!!!

im sick of scrolling threw page's of pavement's,school's,road's,running out of grit,the government are at fault bla bla bla.

can there not be a thread about all that and one for the "WEATHER"

Fully agree all thats happening is the forum on weather is full of crap, can the mods not do anything on this???????

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

I'm having difficulty parsing some of the sentences in this thread.

Schools closing until so late in the week is ... interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Fully agree all thats happening is the forum on weather is full of crap, can the mods not do anything on this???????

yeah i agree should a be a related topic for affects of weather on the country just like the roads topic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

im sick of scrolling threw page's of pavement's,school's,road's,running out of grit,the government are at fault bla bla bla.

No use in fighting it! I resigned myself to Boards a number of days ago, and just bear in mind that it might be 2038 before you have to do it again (that's my justification for wasting my days!).

You do not want to go down the Netweather route!

-4.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

i find this to be a good site, just type in your location..very accuarate so far.

http://www.yr.no/

anyone else use this before or find it useful?

It seems to suggest RAIN for Sunday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Hey. Take a look at the thread title
    Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

I think that includes the implications of the Weather, like pavements, schools, roads, grit ...

Maybe we need another thread limited to the weather only.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

DOCARCH wrote: »
    No use in fighting it! I resigned myself to Boards a number of days ago, and just bear in mind that it might be 2038 before you have to do it again (that's my justification for wasting my days!).

You do not want to go down the Netweather route!

-4.1c

I agree, jaysus, its mostly friendly banter apart from the odd whinger.
    There isnt much happening weatherwise tonight..skies are clear..theres no wind, rain, sleet or snow to speak of..
    Let the weather anecdotes keep coming.
    When something of note happens we will know all about it :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

UKMO 1PM Monday
    UW72-594.GIF?08-18

IPM Monday 850hPa temps (condusive to snow)
    http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/run/UW72-7.GIF?08-18

Midnight Sunday
    fax72s.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

-4c in Athy

and in relation to the posts on this thread,
    it does say Big Freeze Discussion. which i would take as a discussion about the weather and all that is related or effected by the weather.
    there is a sticky at the top of the weather Forum which says Current Weather Conditions

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Supercell wrote: »
    There isnt much happening weatherwise tonight..skies are clear..theres no wind, rain, sleet or snow to speak of..

-12.4 in Tullow already... That's something of note I would say :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Exactly - if threads start splitting, people will get more frustrated trying to read all and then you will also have people posting the same thing in every thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    UKMO 1PM SUNDAY
    UW72-594.GIF?08-18

IPM SUNDAY 850hPa temps (condusive to snow)
    http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/run/UW72-7.GIF?08-18

Midnight Sunday
    fax72s.gif

sittin nicely over limerick.... sweet!! maybe a snow day called for on monday!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Is it just me or is there relatively little sign of snow on any of these in the East of NI, e.g. Down, Armagh, Antrim? Monday seems an East/South East thing, last runs suggest things further West. Nothing much for the NE.

-4.6°C and not even 18:00, a few weeks ago that would have been incredible to me. Now its just meh!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

Does this mean the youthreach centres will also close??

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    UKMO 1PM SUNDAY

Pardon my attachment to detail, but that meteociel chart is for Monday, not Sunday (according to mny wife at least) :-)

-4.6°C and not even 18:00, a few weeks ago that would have been incredible to me. Now its just meh!

-12.7 in Tullow, it dropping like a stone in the last few mins. Makes our single digit minus temps look pathetic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Don't know if it's been posted already, but someone just sent me this great Nasa satellite image of the snow in Ireland and britian.

101558.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Don't know if it's been posted already, but someone just sent me this great Nasa satellite image of the snow in Ireland and britian.

101558.jpg

It has.

Rougies wrote: »
    -12.7 in Tullow, it dropping like a stone in the last few mins. Makes our single digit minus temps look pathetic :)

He can have his temperatures, and I'll have my snow. Know which one I prefer ;) So there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Just watching Sky News weather here, I get the impression that the incoming weather this weekend could be up there with the huge snowfall of 1982 for the east coast anyway, if what is being predicted actually comes to pass...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

gally74 wrote: »
    he should tell the teachers that they can make up the week in june as they will have missed a week now whiel the rest of the country works,

now that will get them going!

Yes because getting teachers going will fix the weather.

I'm looking forward to seeing the 6 o'clock weather news just to see do they mention the words Waterford and Snow. Its been a weird few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Pardon my attachment to detail, but that meteociel chart is for Monday, not Sunday (according to mny wife at least) :-)
    Tell your wife - Je suis desole mademoiselle :(

It has.

And you just posted it again by quoting the pic....why do people do this!?

Really grinds my gears! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

It's been posted a bunch of times already, there's actually a separate thread with a high-resolution version. Still, every time I see this picture I'm equally amazed... Would love to see one with full ROI whiteout and no cloud cover :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Just watching Sky News weather here, I get the impression that the incoming weather this weekend could be up there with the huge snowfall of 1982 for the east coast anyway, if what is being predicted actually comes to pass...

Sky News like blowing things out of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

-12.7 in carlow now, i think that -19 may just be beaten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Rougies wrote: »
    And you just posted it again by quoting the pic....why do people do this!?

Really grinds my gears! :D
    Winger_PL wrote: »
    It's been posted a bunch of times already, there's actually a separate thread with a high-resolution version. Still, every time I see this picture I'm equally amazed... Would love to see one with full ROI whiteout and no cloud cover :-)
    It has.

Apologies so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement