Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED - that is all i have to say...oh and also WOOHOO!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

leahyl wrote: »

What he say, me miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

What he say, me miss?

I tell you what he didn't say ... hail, rain, sleet or dry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

We need Evelyn to do some serious ramping!!!:D

Mmmmmmmm lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Weather expert from Donegal on Late Late tonight I hear :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

well that was a ......... cracking report

Meet ya at Toughers for a snowball fight :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What he say, me miss?

Me miss too.

What he say, me miss?

5-10CM of heavy snow on from Sunday evening/night into Monday across Munster and Leinster - a big triangle in the middle of the map with an exclamation mark that indicated danger i think:D lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Im gona shift emphasis away from the east (like many easterns do on a north west snow thread :P ) and say that eagle just said some snow showers likely over donegal , mayo and leitrim tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

The BBC weather has now forecast it as well, they seemed a bit unsure in earlier forecasts but no doubt in the one just aired on News 24 just now.
    Snow it is then for the snow starved Cork, Waterford and slightly dusted Kerry lowlands:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

-6.0°C, I know its not Carlow cold but its bleedin amazing for here, this would have been a record cold for me before last night and its tracking now 1.5 hours earlier before last night whcih was my coldest ever.
    Mothman who lives fairly close to me here had a 10 year minima last night and has an official station so I'm feeling entitled to a little whoop!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »

in fairness you couldn't ask for much better down south. there wasn't even the usual 'we're watching this closely' or 'sleet/rain mix' and 'there is a risk'. all sounds so definite - hard to back track from this one if it doesn't materialise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

The BBC weather has now forecast it as well, they seemed a bit unsure in earlier forecasts but no doubt in the one just aired on News 24 just now.
    Snow it is then for the snow starved Cork, Waterford and slightly dusted Kerry lowlands:D

Bring it on :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

bbc is forecasting snow showers in the east, southeast, north, northwest and midlands areas 2moro.

the general consensus is that the bulk of the snow on sunday evening wont reach any higher than north tipp, there or there abouts. will have to watch it closely.

its currently -9 here btw. the pond out the back looks amazing. freezing fog has set in too. lurvely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

MT's report has me a bit nervey , he has been spot on with his reports and he is kinda going against the grain in terms of the MET report.

On top of that, Su Campu was thinking the same yesterday .

I want to burst with excitement but am trying to hold back ! Its like being a child again , all because of a bit of snow ! or the promise of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

-5.9 in Blanch

/shivers

in fairness you couldn't ask for much better down south. there wasn't even the usual 'we're watching this closely' or 'sleet/rain mix' and 'there is a risk'. all sounds so definite - hard to back track from this one if it doesn't materialise.

I know i hate when they say things like "might just be sleet along the south coast and snow inland etc etc" - drives me potty so used to hearing it!:mad: But now i'm HAPPY HAPPY:pac:!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Meet ya at Toughers for a snowball fight :D:D

Your on !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

The front that will give us all the snow is over Europe at the moment. Is there much snow coming out of it at the moment?? Can we track it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Temp just hit -8 here, a long way from Villians but bloody freezing.

Snow on extension velux windows has failed to melt despite heating being on all day and indoor temp of 20C

• Advertisement

mickger wrote: »
    The front that will give us all the snow is over Europe at the moment. Is there much snow coming out of it at the moment?? Can we track it?

Is it the same snow that Germany is getting? If so we are SCREWED!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8448095.stm

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hairy cake

Any reason why there is such an extreme in Carlow? Seems way out of kilter with other figures on the chart?

MT's report has me a bit nervey , he has been spot on with his reports and he is kinda going against the grain in terms of the MET report.

On top of that, Su Campu was thinking the same yesterday .

I want to burst with excitement but am trying to hold back ! Its like being a child again , all because of a bit of snow ! or the promise of it !

I'm the same. Very nervous about this. I've never seen Met Eireann give such a definite forecast for widespread snow before. And the given the fact the huge amount of pressure they under from all angles, something just doesn't smell right :(

I hope M.T. et al come on board soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone think my flight from Shannon will be leaving on time Monday morning at 6AM?;)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Rougies wrote: »
    I'm the same. Very nervous about this. I've never seen Met Eireann give such a definite forecast for widespread snow before. And the given the fact the huge amount of pressure they under from all angles, something just doesn't smell right :(

I hope M.T. et al come on board soon.

its not just met eireann in fairness...sky news and bbc have snow over us as well.

hairy cake wrote: »
    Any reason why there is such an extreme in Carlow? Seems way out of kilter with other figures on the chart?

It's becuase of the geography of the area and the amount of lying snow. They have cold air rolling down the mountains and pooling around that area and probably some of the deepest snow at lower levels in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

hairy cake wrote: »

Snow fields in a frost hollow, and its not out of kilter when you look at the NRA station Baltinglass which recorded -16c the other night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Supercell wrote: »
    5-10 cm snow this weekend according to the Eagle!
    are they being conservative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

the BBC forcast was bad for Sunday!!!!! snow all over ireland

• Advertisement

its not just met eireann in fairness...sky news and bbc have snow over us as well.

I don't care what the BBC or Sky News say. They don't care about us and don't focus on giving an accurate forecast for here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement