Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

skelliser wrote: »
    on the news at one today guy on from cavan urging people not to go out onto frozen lakes, he personally witnessed someone pushing someone in a wheel chair out on a frozen lake!! madness!

wont be long before this cold snap claims some lives.

Dumb a**es! these people must have gotten the leftovers the day God was giving out brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

Will the snow reach mayo?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Only a matter of time until an accident and deaths happen on a lake here, like in England. Why can't our large population of idiots understand this???

4 people went into the lake in that incident ,

3 of them are brothers,

2 of them the passed away are brothers,

Very sad for the family ,

Could of been very easily avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

1 day ban, cop on mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

kerchow wrote: »
    They sailed away for a year and a day.....
    And when they came back Ireland was still without salt grit or money!!!!!!

May need to work on your rhyming!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

May need to work on your rhyming!!!:D

Tut Tut can't you tell the difference between Prose and poetry.:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Just read MT's update... a marginal event to me finishes any hope for areas right on the coast or near enough such as Lusk... boo.

Still live in hope though! At this stage I will happily take 2-3 days of heavy snow and then a rapid thaw. The country can't cope with this any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kerchow

but to be fair, it's been a long day full of snowball fights and making hot chocolate, building snow men and cleaning snotty noses!!!!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I know your having a laugh, but can we put a mod warning on tomorrows thread :

Banned if you ask any of the following:

Will it snow in my area ?

What time will it snow in my area ?

How much will it snow in my area ?

Where is my snow ?

I could not be arsed reading the thread and want my question answered now !

Works for me and could save everyone a lot of time :D:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Ah John1994 will never be dead. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It's not too easy to walk when the pavements are slippy, cracked skulls are seldom good for us

You see, folks, this is how we respond.............

Does anyone know if we are allowed to ..... shoot seagulls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

RTE added in that the man who fell was not seriously hurt!
    They must have a few phonecalls...

So so so so funny though. It'll be up all over Youtube within days. Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

i was going to ask will it snow it Galway, but maybe wise not to. anyway back to the weather, freezing fog here in Galway lasted all day. good to see the East winds finally getting started on the East coast of england

leincar wrote: »
    Tut Tut can't you tell the difference between Prose and poetry.:D

Maybe ''without salt, grit or pay'' instead of ''without salt, grit or money''???

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

kerchow wrote: »
    great excitement in work today with the promise of lots of snow on sunday and monday. there will be lots of sad children in our creche if it doesn't happen. ok some of those kids will be us teachers but hey!!!

Government went to Malta but they took the boat. Not as bad for the environment as flying Global warming and all that! Found this little rhyme about their adventure......
    The Cowen and the Gormley went to sea
    In a beautiful pea green boat,
    They took some honey, and plenty of money,
    Wrapped up in a five Euro note.
    The Cowen looked up to the stars above,
    And sang to a small guitar,
    'O Gormley! O Gormley my love,
    What a beautiful Idiots we are,
    We are,
    We are!
    What 2 beautiful idiots we are!'

They sailed away for a year and a day.....
    And when they came back Ireland was still without salt grit or money!!!!!!

I disagree with your sentiment here. We are fond of anti government speak (which includes a lot of ill imformed ranting) in this country. Many are well founded. However the problem here is at local level. If anybody is to blame it is the county and city councils.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Maybe ''without salt, grit or pay'' instead of ''without salt, grit or money''???

:D

Hey Tony i'm touched you adopted my little blueman there!:D he's freezing cold so he is!

I know your having a laugh, but can we put a mod warning on tomorrows thread :

Banned if you ask any of the following:

Will it snow in my area ?

What time will it snow in my area ?

How much will it snow in my area ?

Where is my snow ?

I could not be arsed reading the thread and want my question answered now !

Works for me and could save everyone a lot of time :D:p:D

Are we still allowed to post complete rubbish that has very little to do with the weather?!! Please???:D

On a (surprisingly!!!) weather related note, it's nearly -10 in kk, every time a refresh kilkenny weather .com it gets a little colder, i'm going to have to stop refreshing it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

It's going to be a cold one!..

Temperature: -9.5 °C :eek:
    Dew Point: -10.4 °C

The temperature at the same time last night was -2.2 and that ended up with a max low of -9.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The warm Valencia(city in spain) or the tropical heat valentia( in kerry)???:D:D:D

If its tropical heat in Valentia why do the locals call the place Cahersiberia in the winter? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055791493

We have another help thread going..Does anyone need a relative or elderly person looked in on out my direction ? Lot of people willing to help carry fuel or cook a meal all over the country... If your worried about a parent etc just check if maybe someone is nearby on the thread..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Good to see Boards.ie is topical...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=101590&stc=1&d=1262985750

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Temp stuck on -3.9c for the last hour but still a clear sky:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

-5.6°C was the record before last night.
    Last night it hit -7.5°C
    Its already -7.3°C here tonight, I have been reading the frozen pipes thread and -7 seems to be when things go to hell in a hand basket. Hope not here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Are we still allowed to post complete rubbish that has very little to do with the weather?!! Please???:D

On a (surprisingly!!!) weather related note, it's nearly -10 in kk, every time a refresh kilkenny weather .com it gets a little colder, i'm going to have to stop refreshing it!!!

Thats up to WC , I hope so, tis part of the Fun

The answers to all the usual question are in the thread usually unless its a brand new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Had risen back to -13.7c but back down to -14.2c now

malman wrote: »
    I disagree with your sentiment here. We are fond of anti government speak (which includes a lot of ill imformed ranting) in this country. Many are well founded. However the problem here is at local level. If anybody is to blame it is the county and city councils.

To be fair, the department of transport warned local authorities to order more salt and grit, back in November.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

kleefarr wrote: »
    Kilkenny City outskirts...

It's going to be a cold one!..

Temperature: -9.5 °C :eek:
    Dew Point: -10.4 °C

The temperature at the same time last night was -2.2 and that ended up with a max low of -9.8.

it was -5c in ballykelly this time last night and we got a min of -12c here and its like -11c -8c in ballykelly i expect if nothing comes and temps keep dropping 1c every hour maybe -14c in ballykelly in the morning and -10c before midnight that would be great! we'd have at least -15c here then!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Someone here was surprised that it was minus 8 when they came in. I encourage people to actually go out for a few mins and let the heat of the house get stripped away. Pain in the fingers. Just took a walk with fingerless gloves. Couldnt feel tips after 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I can't decide which is funnier, fall boy or sled dog! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

wow there's no official station in + temps at 2100

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement