Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Same here now ,

Dp -8.8

http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/

-7.6 now :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

M2 buoy update

Wind NE

DP-1.8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

I've just been out for a ciggie and the cold air nearly took my breath....its sooooooooo cold out there!!

It shall be a quick one so ;) Oh to be in the sun, sipping a coffee, peole watching in a city far away right now. Bout to brave it now with a hot whiskey in hand for courage!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I'm less sure about this whole snow thing now _ I hadn't had snow in years, so it was great to get some, but it does get a bit annoying after a while - cars crashing, no water on the farm, paniic buying, no food in shops, people falling over- maybe a normal winter isn't such a bad thing after all!!!

Ah a few more inches of snow and youll be lovin it again! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Shower dying as it approaches the city:mad:
    101459.gif
    met.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

diddlybit wrote: »
    It shall be a quick one so ;)Oh to be in the sun, sipping a coffee, peole watching in a city far away right now. Bout to brave it now with a hot whiskey in hand for courage!

Just like the transport minister Noel Dempsey! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kopp

Stop giving out about the snow :) it'll be gone before we know it and we'll be back to boring ol everyday Ireland....Rain and cold....although compared to the cold now, wont be so cold when temps return to normal. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

kopp wrote: »
    Stop giving out about the snow :) it'll be gone before we know it and we'll be back to boring ol everyday Ireland....Rain and cold....although compared to the cold now, wont be so cold when temps return to normal. :rolleyes:

I can walk safely in the rain.
    I can drive safely in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Just like the transport minister Noel Dempsey! :p

I am Noel Dempsey! How did you know?!? Just logged on to laugh at all you saps *mwah-ha-ha*

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Can you imagine what a 'normal' chilly winters day will feel like a 5c - balmy.

-6.9c atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I love the mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

It'll be that miserable sort of cold though, ughhh......even the thought of it! Gimme this weather over mild, wet and windy muck anyday!

d'Oracle wrote: »

I can do both in the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

DOCARCH wrote: »

-6.9c atm

t-shirt weather :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

looking at that NRA website earlier there big variations around the country, Connemara is listed as -0.8c baltinglass -13.4c.

Roll on six months and i wonder could we have that those additional 13 degrees in Connemara please
    Connemara 30c Baltinglass 17:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Only some of the time! Same with snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I guess all that we can be sure of is...that we can't be sure what it's going to do. This is turning into mental torture (of the self inflicted variety) I'm gonna have to go cold turkey on this thread for a while before I drive myself insane.

If it snows yippee...if it don't then hey ho!

Thanks for all the info peeps...might just take a sneaky peek in here on Saturday for a Snowmageddon update. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Su Campu wrote: »
    It's looking very likely from today's models that the Atlantic will win over from around Tuesday on, bringing temperatures back to normal January values (mid-high single figures - remember those??!!) :D

Kind of hope you're right, but me thinks you're wrong on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Alicat wrote: »
    Only some of the time! Same with snow.

I have yet to experience rain that was as frickin dangerous as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

What does R/A stand for ?

*WICKLOW/WEXFORD* • Severe ice on the N11; at Enniscorthy & Ferns, down to one lane from Clogh R/A to Arklow, very poor too at Wicklow.

• Advertisement

djhaxman wrote: »
    t-shirt weather :D

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

DOCARCH wrote: »

-6.9c atm
    I have -7.8 now (Terenure)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

-2.8C here now, just half a degree to go to break the station record. Winds still WNW off the land here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

the UKMO does indicate that showery activity will be most frequent from now until about midday tomorrow on the east/SE coast. After that it will be a case of isolated light wintry showers. The UKMO is predicting that sunday system to effect the east and south at least.

UW72-594.GIF?07-06

Uppers are perfect for snow.
    10011012_0712.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

trogdor wrote: »
    Shower dying as it approaches the city:mad:
    101459.gif
    met.ie

Yea and all it did was push my freezing fog away :eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Just hit -10 here. That's some cold. DP is only -10.5

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

What does R/A stand for ?

*WICKLOW/WEXFORD* • Severe ice on the N11; at Enniscorthy & Ferns, down to one lane from Clogh R/A to Arklow, very poor too at Wicklow.

roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 12 meccanoman303

bryaner wrote: »
    I can do both in the snow

+1

Temp -7c here at the mo. clear skies alla round.

The Dimaond Dust was amazing earlier in around town. Coating everyting, most unusual and amazing to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I have yet to experience rain that was as frickin dangerous as this.

The ICE is bad, not the snow as much and I've experienced plenty of extremely dangerous driving conditions caused by howling winds and torrents of rain that are likely to blow your car off the road. And the country just isn't prepared for this type of weather. With a little bit more preparation I'd prefer this type of cold over horrible stinging windy rain all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Could be worse...
    i_sn_st.gif

Now that would be something to experience.:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement