Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

currently -12 in kildare.....never ever experienced such cold as this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

jenzz wrote: »
    Wolfe - As im tired & dont have the energy to read 122 pages could you give me a 20 word or more:D outlook for next few days ish ( I read your Thursday one like WTF)

Its a little over 20 words, but, I guarentee its a good read! :D
    http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63886288&postcount=8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Wolfe - As im tired & dont have the energy to read 122 pages could you give me a 20 word or more:D outlook for next few days ish ( I read your Thursday one like WTF)

By the time you would read it, it would be 140 pages..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Definately trust Villain, its a shame Met dont acknowledge the reading thou.
    Can't trust those met eireann fellas, not when they have a dress sense like Jean Byrne!!!:D

Trust Villain instead, one of our own, about to break an Irish record!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Dublin airport back to -8. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well night night all - must rest my weary bones! I will go to bed with dreams of snow angels - of course this will no longer be a dream in 2 days time when i am lying in the garden MAKING them:D;)

Night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Ah Jesus man, come onnnnnnnnnnnn, let it go!! haha

NO... NO... NO

:D:D:D:D

I am your nemesis !!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

20 words...you're tough Jenzz. Give me 30. This is for SE and E so

The SE and E will see snow showers later this morning. Isolated in PM. Moderate snow from early Sunday PM to Monday midday at least. 5-8cm away from coast.

:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

The showers that will hit Donegal here tomorrow will the be coming down from the north or off the Atlantic to the west?

irish1967 wrote: »
    The showers that will hit Donegal here tomorrow will the be coming down from the north or off the Atlantic to the west?
    coming from ENE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Definately trust Villain, its a shame Met dont acknowledge the reading thou.

Yeh, its a shame.

We should start a facebook petition about it, guaranteed to work!!!:D

Actually it may not work, thierry henry handball petition comes to mind, 300,000 members and they still wouldn't give a replay!!! But we'll give it a go anyway!!!

man this weather forum is addictive and insanely fun - such a good buzz about the place. Not a typical january at all !

Bring on the snow !!!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

OK I can't stand it anymore....!!! When is the Thaw? Please give me something to look forward to...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

Im going to call it a night an hopfully when i awake i will have a taste of whats to come on Sunday!!!

Stay warm x

leahyl wrote: »
    Well night night all - must rest my weary bones! I will go to bed with dreams of snow angels - of course this will no longer be a dream in 2 days time when i am lying in the garden MAKING them:D;)

Night:)

Night, thanks for the smiley!!!:D

trish23 wrote: »
    OK I can't stand it anymore....!!! When is the Thaw? Please give me something to look forward to...?
    In Galway, as early as Tuesday....as late as March

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

A positively balmy -5 here outside Ardee, Co Louth (according to my incar thermometer, which is probably broken... the cold has messed up the electrics in my car and now the intermittent wipers are on all the time even though they're switched to the off position).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭poolsupporter

baltic! reduce 2-4 psi in tyres! bite the clutch dont spin! drive only wen necessary! avoid hills, if u have 2 use them get a run on it! yer post is from 07 but is more relevant than ever... that enough??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

trish23 wrote: »

there will be no 'thaw' talk around here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Well, 'Thunder Snow MkII' was born today, a predecessor of 'Thunder Snow MKI' where some safety concerns and comfort issues were sorted out, also taken into acount was the expected snowfall of Sunday/Monday or, 'snow storm' at Bat O'Keefe said....:p

The original:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63859011&postcount=1765

The now!! ;) She's only a quick jobbie! Hope the two 'kids' will be happy! :p
    thundersnow.jpg

-6.4c here now, temp seems to be rising, was -6.9c approx an hour or so back :confused:

For the kid to have a great day screw some hardboard to the bottom and Spread the weight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Its a little over 20 words, but, I guarentee its a good read! :D
    http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63886288&postcount=8

So the bambinos basicly wont be going back to school next Thursday Yeah?
    It also basicly means I need to learn how to make that packet of Odlums brown bread mix ( no bread anywhere)
    & Ill use a tank of oil by the time this is over????

& ill have a family of ladyboy snowmen all over my garden.......

:D:D

A cousin of mine lives in Tullow........the coldest part of Ireland!! :p He took a few pics of the area.

18765_1301068439959_1027865834_929652_2605090_n.jpg

18765_1301068479960_1027865834_929653_2543771_n.jpg

18765_1301068519961_1027865834_929654_3128799_n.jpg

18765_1301068399958_1027865834_929651_4555127_n.jpg

Looks cold doesnt it! :p

Don't forget to charge the neighbours for a peep!

Villains temp gone back to -16.3 from -16.4

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes the facebook fan page:(

Carpenter wrote: »
    For the kid to have a great day screw some hardboard to the bottom and Spread the weight

Might have to do that should the snow get above 4-5ins, as it is though it works great on the snow we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

A cousin of mine lives in Tullow........the coldest part of Ireland!! :p He took a few pics of the area.

Looks cold doesnt it! :p

It looks awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Air temp -6 in D4. Temperature dropping faster than property around here.

Carpenter wrote: »
    That sentence is is just one punctuation mark away from being forwarded to the Gardai

So the bambinos basicly wont be going back to school next Thursday Yeah?
    It also basicly means I need to learn how to make that packet of Odlums brown bread mix ( no bread anywhere)
    & Ill use a tank of oil by the time this is over????

Yes, yes, yes and yes.......:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    20 words...you're tough Jenzz. Give me 30. This is for SE and E so

The SE and E will see snow showers later this morning. Isolated in PM. Moderate snow from early Sunday PM to Monday midday at least. 5-8cm away from coast.

:p:p:p:p

Im a mile up the town from the sea & we already seen 8cm with another 3 ( i think) today on top... How much more can we get ???? Ill all hard now....

We did make an armchair in the garden outta snow... Its solid ice - I have visions of Daddy coming to cut the grass in March & having to drive round the chair & all my ladyboys:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement