Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    That sentence is is just one punctuation mark away from being forwarded to the Gardai
    LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

jenzz wrote: »
    So the bambinos basicly wont be going back to school next Thursday Yeah?
    It also basicly means I need to learn how to make that packet of Odlums brown bread mix ( no bread anywhere)

Just add water!!!:D

Or is it milk?? It says it on the front of the packet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

all the snow everywhere. doesn't look like ireland

Might have to do that should the snow get above 4-5ins, as it is though it works great on the snow we got.

Sweet looking job by the way fair play they will love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Just add water!!!:D

Or is it milk?? It says it on the front of the packet!!!

Eh I cant bake/cook

Better bleedin learn & fast - That was my emergency rations pak

• Advertisement

Eh I cant bake/cook

Better bleedin learn & fast - That was my emergency rations pak

No microwave pizzas left in the supermarket???:D

Carpenter wrote: »
    For the kid to have a great day screw some hardboard to the bottom and Spread the weight

Well lets just say a certain group of principals & teachers spent the day in a certain town in disguise on biscuit lids....

Absolute classic - But I did hear in the wind sledge making classes were underway by the muinteoirs tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Sweet looking job by the way fair play they will love it

Cheers Carpenter! ;) Its only a quick job, and the only reason it came about was because I had those two runners (ash) left over from a project that went wrong, I was shaping them on the router table, the blade caught them and tore the grain. I'd love to make a really sweet one if we were guarenteed a good snowfall every year. You know, all laminated and steam bent, sweet!! :)

Oops, sorry, this is the weather forum.......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hmmm page 125. The thread went doolally at this stage last night. :).

Holding at -5.4 here in donegal town.

No microwave pizzas left in the supermarket???:D

I was whinging here last night

1. 4km trip by foot there & back ( we in the ****s here really)
    2. No milk/bread/cheese/pizza/etc etc in fact they had SFA

I ended up with Tesco value eggs x 12 & 2 packs of tesco Oxtail soup.....

Oh OH Oh & remember my experiment on the Brennans bread- well Iput it out on the window sill & it did freeze - solid block.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A cousin of mine lives in Tullow........the coldest part of Ireland!! :p He took a few pics of the area.

18765_1301068439959_1027865834_929652_2605090_n.jpg

18765_1301068479960_1027865834_929653_2543771_n.jpg

18765_1301068519961_1027865834_929654_3128799_n.jpg

18765_1301068399958_1027865834_929651_4555127_n.jpg

Looks cold doesnt it! :p

to quote the great Ace Ventura: Spectacular! This land holds great beauty!

and just because i'm in the mood for Ace Ventura, my personal favourite: We are all children...

...of the same life force.

Yes, of course we are.

He bends over and speaks from his rear.

Oh, him.

Right this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Well lets just say a certain group of principals & teachers spent the day in a certain town in disguise on biscuit lids....

Absolute classic - But I did hear in the wind sledge making classes were underway by the muinteoirs tonight

What direction was the wind coming from??! north, east??!! was it carrying precip? Any chance of showers forming in the Irish sea and being brought inland on it???!!??!

:p

In 82 I made loads of them and had some great fun on them too
    Hardboard is the way to go I can tell you :D:D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭poolsupporter

there will be no 'thaw' talk around here :)

apply positive thinking!!!
    if it thaws it will melt, if it stays freezing it will stay stiff!!

the choice is yours, be positive or negative???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Met.ie radar showing precip over North Laois for last few hours ??

Anyone able to shed any light on this? Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

is this 126

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

load the above run. Our Sunday/Monday snow machine is currently taxi-ing and turning its sights on us from Corisca. Actually I think we should christen our system 'Corsica'.

On a separate note, the following pics were taken by the Limerick Leader in Foynes today. The long awaited salt shipment from N Engalnd was forced to dock in Foynes because of dense freezing fog in Limerick City.
    TH0_81201034Salt%20Ship%20Foynes%2001.jpg
    TH0_8120107Salt%20Ship%20Foynes%2011.jpg
    TH0_81201039Salt%20Ship%20Foynes%2004.jpg

Didn't spot anyone selling hats, scarves and headbands there. what a missed opportunity!!

naughto wrote: »
    is this 126

Lol

-5.5 Donegal town.

jprboy wrote: »

freezing fog most likely. If not then Fossy Mountain is showing its crown to the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Fog?

• Advertisement

Radar appears to be slightly b******d atm, lots of dots and lines and syringes i was told earlier. Prob no precip there. It appeared out of nowhere earlier on, disappeared again and has reappeared now. Also, despite the wind, it doesn't move anywhere, so I'd say its not precip!!!

Is there any chance that Corsica will make it to Donegal? Everyone has it stopping south of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hey guys. Just on here. Been away for a few hours. Does anyone care to give me a quick update on what is happening and get me up to speed? I'll even give ya a thanks :D

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Fog?
    I am presuming you know what fog is so just to add that dense freezing fog can easily show up on radar as it ahs done so throughout the week on the ME radar and the UKMO radar. It's either that or there is a UFO over Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

In 82 I made loads of them and had some great fun on them too
    Hardboard is the way to go I can tell you :D:D:D.

Hardwood is good. Plastic is even better. But if you really want to break some downhill speed records, non-chloric silicone based kitchen lubricant is the way to go! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo58oWW09qQ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Ah well - we are all stuck in doors - we do what we must to entertain ourselves :D:D

The temperatures have been rising in some of the weather stations during the past hour e.g Oak Park, Johnstown, Newbridge - would there be any particular reason for this.

I'd call an emergency carpenter TBH
    WolfeIRE wrote: »
    http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

load the above run. Our Sunday/Monday snow machine is currently taxi-ing and turning its sights on us from Corisca. Actually I think we should christen our system 'Corsica'.

Thats a nice animation. Doesn't give me much hope for snow though :( Its like we're in our own little cloudless bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im due to be doing a lot of driving in cavan over the next 3 days. Anybody here know if snow is due here?

irish1967 wrote: »
    Is there any chance that Corsica will make it to Donegal? Everyone has it stopping south of me.
    every chance Irish. Not until later sunday night or early monday morn. It will be a very slow moving system once it hits about 50 miles inland. I think you will see snow at some stage early next week anyways if this system does not hit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just on here. Been away for a few hours. Does anyone care to give me a quick update on what is happening and get me up to speed? I'll even give ya a thanks :D

Schools closing until thursday. No salt to grit roads - major routes will be shutdown. Bloody cold - Villain is going to smash the record tongight. The heavy heavy snow on Sunday/Monday will be followed by the zombie apocalypse. At least that's what I got from the forecast on RTE.

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote: »
    Im due to be doing a lot of driving in cavan over the next 3 days. Anybody here know if snow is due here?
    being the record holding county for average snow days every year, you would guess so. You are more likely to see snow than Irish I would say. Precip amounts will be small by the time it reaches you. You could get a hammering on Tuesday or Wednesday though as a system pushes up from the south west

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement