Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion (Friday 8/1/10)

Options
1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭poolsupporter

Well thats me gone past -8c, the oil burner will be kicking in soon! Goodnight!

13612.jpg

theres not a chance yer gettin the last word 2nite :D

nite everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Nite all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I take my hat off to you sir, oh wait I don't have one :D. Interesting chart for Tuesday!

I wanna see six feet of snow on Monday, I wanna fall off the armchair laughing at IBEC and ISME and all those kill joys with their grim poker faces who will be on RTE News at 1 O' Clock on Monday outside government buildings with ten feet of snow behind them, warning us how the country will fall into the sea if we don't get a thaw and get back to work and how "normal disciplinary procedures will apply", to people who cannot get to work!

Then and only then will I reach for my hip flask and fill it with a drop of Powers. I'll start up Montpelier Hill just me and the dog, I'll bring a flask of tea and a few sausage sandwiches to eat at the summit, I'll look down at the city, and the world in that moment, it will surely be mine...

!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Vanhalla wrote: »
    oh my goodness im reported, what shall i do.
    maybe one of the nerdy mods on a power trip will come and ban me.

Most people are naturally (unintended pun) intrigued about the current, pretty-unusual-for-Ireland, weather at the moment.

It's January. A month that a lot of people find as dull as dishwater (though I happen to love it!!), so you have to admit it makes a welcome distraction...?

Yep, I'm probably a nerd - how bad?!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Just counted 21 stations in double figures on http://www.irelandsweather.com Is this a record?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Just counted 21 stations in double figures on http://www.irelandsweather.com Is this a record?

Just goin outside to check me thermometer here....

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

Hello me, meet the real me, and my misfits way of life...

Thanks poolsupporter!

I agree with what you said by the way.

Pity people are so ignorant to the realistic world we live in. Support Obama and all that crap. If you're anti Obama you're racist! If you're anti Israel's atrocities you're and anti-semite... Ireland is just as bad.
    Obama is bush x 10. Israel is a bastard nation that, thanks to the U.N. has usurped Palestinian land for years.

The Lisbon treaty issue proved that we have no free press! Nobody seemed to realise this! How sickening is it to realise you live in a world where what you read, see and hear has been manipulated?
    Thank God the internet exists, or I too would live in "the comfort zone".

Sure, this weather fiasco is sad and uncontrollable, but where are all those idiotic global warming activists now?
    Yeah, "the world is heating up by a degree overall, but its causing weather patterns to change" may be true. But I ask you this: What link is there between Carbon in the atmosphere and heat rise? Answer: They oppose each other!

Hockey stick theory. Look it up.

I for years believed in global warming as a human problem. But its unrealistic. This green guilt, people paying carbon taxes, making themselves feel better for driving a car or going on a plane is bull.
    Sure, you can feel bad, but throwing money at it doesn't make it go away.
    If you feel bad for felling trees, go out and plant one. The only real issues we'll have to deal with from it is lack of oxygen and lack of wood!

Sorry for ranting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Snowfall on the way from the North East at the moment, might just miss Dublin however, Its on the Radars now..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement