Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Profile Watcher" Facebook

• 07-01-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Right, sorry if this is somewhere else on this forum or if it's not appropriate to put this here...

I've heard about a profile watcher for facebook. Something that can count the number of views a person makes on your profile. I'm hazy on the details but it seems, at first glance, unlikely that it exists or works properly. There is a lot written about it on the internet - that it contravenes facebook privacy policy etc and that it only takes actually posting or doing something on the profile into account.

Is it possible that there is an app out there (non-approved by facebook perhaps) that can count visits to profiles? The thing I'm talking about is NOT where both parties must have the app (like the thing that was on bebo).

Information / technical knowledge / definitive answers? I'm leaning towards thinking it doesn't exist but could bit of code be written with such capabilities?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

nope (not absolutely 100% sure as always but it's pretty reasonable without using apps for both parties and even then that it's not possible.)

Common subject for social scams though. I'm sure if you were exceptionally good and could hack facebook for code to run maliciously on your page so when people viewed it it would contact a website and up your counter it could work but i doubt anyone would go to the trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

They don't work. it's just to get people to join their group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Just remember that you are allowing access to your profile to these developers.
    Best to stay away from apps not developed by facebook.

Advertisement