Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I cancel my trip to Manchester?

Options
  • 07-01-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Ok here is my problem...

I have booked two nights in Manchester so I could go to the see the man City v Blackburn Rovers Match, booked this at the start of Dec, hotel, flights and tickets and what happens the mother of all cold spells descends on us.

I have just watched Gerry smile as he forecasted some wintery spells over the weekend and now I don't know if I should try to cancel and recuperate some of my expense's.

My dad is traveling from Waterford so we can meet up ad fly from Cork.

At the moment - Cork and Manchester airports are open and Eastlands staff are working hard to make sure the game on Monday goes ahead!!

But I am still worried that the weather will prevent us from getting there or the game called off.

What do the experts on Boards.ie have to say, Your advice is welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

I went on a 'day trip' to London on Tuesday (5th), and only got back tonight! I think that answers your question!! :D

After a night in the airport on Tuesday, I decided to get a train to Wales and get the ferry (I was right, Gatwick is still very severly affected). But the train broke down on the way, which meant I missed yesterday's ferry and had to get it this evening. That's the (very) short version of my 2 &1/2 day horrid experience!

If you want to risk it, there is always the Holyhead option, but make your decision very carefully!! ;)

Advertisement