Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question - Which company designed Myhome.ie

Options
  • 07-01-2010 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Does anyone know which company designed the Myhome.ie website? I remember it being on the companies portfolio page.

Can't remember the name of the company do for the life of me. Webzone, Webtrade etc..

Cheers.

Phil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

TitoPuente wrote: »

No, they did the old one - not this new one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Belfry

It was actually an in house job this time. What do you think of it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Out of interest, whats the webfactory site done in? Flash is it?

Belfry wrote: »
    It was actually an in house job this time. What do you think of it?

I preferred the Webfactory one but the new one is nice too. Not happy with the usability/functionality of the property slideshow, the way it was done on the old site was a lot more user-friendly.

MyHome.ie beats the pants off DAFT.ie though.

What both of these sites are missing is a workspace, ie. my wife and I can share an account where we can add properties, make notes on properties, viewing times etc. etc. I bought a house recently and a feature like that would have been great.

The MyHome iPhone app is pretty desperate.

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Out of interest, whats the webfactory site done in? Flash is it?

Yeh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

cormee wrote: »
    MyHome.ie beats the pants off DAFT.ie though.

Are you serious? Certainly from a design and functionality POV, I think Daft.ie is absolutely streets ahead of MyHome.ie. To be honest, I've always thought MyHome.ie was pretty crap. I haven't had a chance to look at the new design though.

Agree with you about the workspace though. Assuming there are full-time design and development teams working on these sites, they should be a fair bit more advanced then they are.

TitoPuente wrote: »
    Are you serious? Certainly from a design and functionality POV, I think Daft.ie is absolutely streets ahead of MyHome.ie. To be honest, I've always thought MyHome.ie was pretty crap. I haven't had a chance to look at the new design though.

Agree with you about the workspace though. Assuming there are full-time design and development teams working on these sites, they should be a fair bit more advanced then they are.

Yep, completely. I spent about 5 months looking for a house last year and after a month or so I had given up on DAFT and was using MyHome almost exclusively.

I think the fact that the property thumbnails are above the fold in MyHome is a very strong point (plus DAFT's 45px thumbnail size renders them pretty much useless). When I'm searching for a property I fly through the serp and open any of the properties I'm interested in in a new window, I'd open 10 or so at a time before going back and looking at each one individually - having to scroll down to see the thumbnails x 10 gets tedious, especially when I'm doing it 2 or 3 times a week.

Advertisement