Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favorite sandwich

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Corned beef,tomato,red onion,mayonaisse and aromat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Chicken, Cheese, Lettuce, Mayo and Jalapenos.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GoingGaGa

Sliced boiled egg, lettuce, tomato, red onion and mayo on thick crusty batch loaf + cheese and onion taytos ( Fish fingers a close second tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

When making sandwiches I tend to go down the Scooby Doo route of multiple slices of bread and it gets worse at christmas cos I tend to use anything within reach, TUC and Ritz crackers for example

My ideal sandwich for all those future Mrs H's out there is:

Bottom layer: ham, chicken, beef, lettuce, spring onion (well chopped) on a thin layer of mayo.

Second slice: bacon, pepperoni, turkey and stuffing and mix of salad (lettuce and tomato) on a thin layer of butter.

Top layer: lettuce, cheese, cajun chicken with some red onion covered with a slice of bread with a thin layer of mayo.

additional layers can also be added due to hunger

all washed down with a chilled orangina

Perfection....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

white bread, roll or sliced pan butter on the base
    slice of ham, some cheddar, sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, some lettuce,
    a layer of mayo and some crushed black pepper on the top part of bread.
    to be really bold would be to add some aromat(what we used to call yellow salt) to bring out them flavours.

and with that im off for a sambo and a cuppa. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

aaronh007 wrote: »
    When making sandwiches I tend to go down the Scooby Doo route of multiple slices of bread and it gets worse at christmas cos I tend to use anything within reach, TUC and Ritz crackers for example

My ideal sandwich for all those future Mrs H's out there is:

Bottom layer: ham, chicken, beef, lettuce, spring onion (well chopped) on a thin layer of mayo.

Second slice: bacon, pepperoni, turkey and stuffing and mix of salad (lettuce and tomato) on a thin layer of butter.

Top layer: lettuce, cheese, cajun chicken with some red onion covered with a slice of bread with a thin layer of mayo.

additional layers can also be added due to hunger

all washed down with a chilled orangina

Perfection....:cool:
    Your obviously an expert sangwich maker! .

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Simply Red wrote: »
    Hot chicken, stuffing, grated cheese and mayonnaise on white bread or a roll, delish!
    Now i'm hungry :(

mmm mmm, sounds loverly! Would you have tea with that?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

dcfc wrote: »
    mmm mmm, sounds loverly! Would you have tea with that?;)

Of course, wouldn't be complete without tea, thanks for the tip!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

For me im just addicted to Turkey sandwiches espically the roast turkey kind made with cold turkey, white poppy seed loaf, helmans mayo and lidl luxury coleslaw plus a dashing of salt:).

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

Plain bagel, toasted. Filled with, 2 nicely grilled jumbo sausages, marinated in Franks buffalo sauce after cooking (heated with a little butter while cooking sausages). The sausages are so dry after leaving the grill, they soak up the sauce something lovely. It 's a beautiful thing!

Then sausages wrapped in German salami slices, and popped into said bagel. NB. Keep a little sauce for those bits thats require a little extra oommmpphhh!

Add cheese if required. I though it would do wonders, but alas, not for me.
    Had one at 4am. Still tastes great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DerekG

Chicken & Bacon tripledecker from O'Briens.
    Key ingredient.... Ballymaloe Relish, & it's got to be toasted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

DerekG wrote: »
    Chicken & Bacon tripledecker from O'Briens.
    Key ingredient.... Ballymaloe Relish, & it's got to be toasted

What am i doing thanking you, o briens are a rip off but i just had to thank you when u named my fav sandwich there, i never buy it myself but whenever the sister treats me to lunch i say chicken and bacon tripledecker from o briens please:D. Bearing in mind i hate they rip off prices and all that but hey im not paying and ill only justified once evry 6 months if that makes since.

Don't suppose anyone in Dublin knows if there is an O'briens anywhere between the Burlington and Blackrock (the one actually in blackrock is yucky!)
    Their store location thingy aint working for me.

I've to make that trip at lunch time and this thread has me craving a sambo (rip off prices and all ;))

There's a good one on Baggot St Lower, another on Baggot St upper and another on Shelbourne Rd in Ballsbridge

There's a good one on Baggot St Lower, another on Baggot St upper and another on Shelbourne Rd in Ballsbridge

Sweet! Ta

Edit: I went to the one on shelbourne road but it was closed :(

Had to get a yucky roll in the garage - ick!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

I have a few different ones.

Sausage and white cheddar cheese with tomato sauce on fresh white bread.

Refried boiled turnip/cabbage with tomato sauce on fresh white bread.

Sweet! Ta

Edit: I went to the one on shelbourne road but it was closed :(

Had to get a yucky roll in the garage - ick!

I think most of the O'Briens places close around 3:30 to 4
    Well there's always tomorrow

I think most of the O'Briens places close around 3:30 to 4
    Well there's always tomorrow

It was 1.15 :(

I think they must have shut up shop. Devastated ha!

Thanks for the info anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 joflor

i also used to work in o briens and the best sandwich in there has got to be
    white bread toasted with relish chicken cheese sundried tomatoes and a small bit of coleslaw......

heaven
    try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Depending on my mood either a bacon buttie with loads of real butter or a gooey tuna melt. Love breast of chicken, loads of mayo and stuffing too washed down with a huge mug of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

This weather I've had a craving for "Hawaiian Toast" ... lightly pre-toast your white bread, then butter it, add ham (to prevent sogginess) then add pineapple chunks (or pineapple ring), then cover in cheese and throw it under the grill. It's amazing.

For variation I sometimes replace the butter with satay sauce, but depending on the hour it can be a hell of a lot of flavour.

My favourite sandwich to buy was this yoke they did in Subway in Germany called a "tropical" sub. It was... hmm... I think it was chicken, pineapple, cheese, lettuce... topped with mild curry sauce. Absolutely amazing and definitely craveworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 amandakola

my favourite sandwiches are so basic, but such good comfort food.

a slice of toast smotherrrred in Cadbury's chocolate spread...wow.

and classic grilled cheese. cheddar on the inside, butter on the outside, and fry that baby up til golden.

also a weird one my ex introduced me to... toast with salad cream and ham inside. weird, but good.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

hmm... brown bread anyway.. preferably Irish pride, rustic grain... cheese, cherry tomatos, relish, small bit of butter on bread, those spinch leaves instead of lettuce.. maybe some ham or turkey or something.. but it's not necessary... oh and toasted would be looovely. maybe a bit of pepper sprinkled on top too.
    *drool*

or

Grilled chedder cheese sandwhich with some herbs and pepper sprinkled on top.

or

just a classic crisp sangidge. mmm. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tuna, mayonnaise and jalapenos... Fricking nom!
    Maybe some thinly sliced red onion in there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Rye bread with ballymaloe relish, peppers, a little red onion, sweet corn, tomato, red chedder and toasted. I could live on these!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

ham and ready salted crisps, with a pint of milk. Im exposing my culchie ways..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

tuna and mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

serenacat wrote: »
    tuna and mayo
    no onion ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.